Smiked Brisket Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smiked Brisket Question

Due to circumstances and trying to help a friend out, i put myself in a pickle.

I am smoking 2 briskets for a friend but need to be out of town the weekend they need them.

So, i was planning on cooking them Thursday, letting them cool completely, slice and vaccum. They can then sous vide them on Saturday.

Will that work? Other better options to pull this off?

that'll work just fine but I wouldn't slice. Let them rewarm to 140-145 whole in the juice you save and then slice themselves. Should help keep the moisture.

Comment

When I have purchased briskets in the past, they never came sliced. I was told this help them stay moist. I would consider not slicing them but that's just me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m with the others, leave it in chunks and vacuum pack it with juices. The down side is it seems to take longer to reheat but it will stay moister. I usually cut mine in chunks big enough for three to four servings and freeze them. I’ll take out one or two at a time to reheat depending on how much I need.

Comment

One more vote for not slicing them. Taste is still fantastic even reheated. I've had Franklin's and several other premium brisket heated sous vid and they are great.

Comment

With all the above.

Attached Files

Comment

I would agree on not slicing. Also, I wouldn't sous vide. The meat would steam in the bag and you have a good chance to lose the bark. Have them pull the brisket out of fridge for 1 hour, take them out of the bags, and put in the oven at 300. Should take about 1-2 hours tops to reach eating temps.

Comment

I'll hop in on the DO NOT SLICE trend.

Comment

Okay...no slice.

Thanks everyone...much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                    I would agree on not slicing. Also, I wouldn't sous vide. The meat would steam in the bag and you have a good chance to lose the bark. Have them pull the brisket out of fridge for 1 hour, take them out of the bags, and put in the oven at 300. Should take about 1-2 hours tops to reach eating temps.
                    good suggestion on using the oven, it comes out nice that way

but to clarify on the sous vide, you do not steam anything in a sous vide.
                    it is a fixed temp cooking in vacuum. the water is how they get the fixed temp, but the meat is sealed in the bag.
                    if you are just reheating it, it can be done at low temp without losing any moisture like the oven would do. and if it had a bark, it should still have it after warming up, although it will be a softer bark vs a crunchy bark

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                      Okay...no slice.

Thanks everyone...much appreciated!
                      It all depends on how they want it...I have done it both ways with success...I have vacuum sealed whole, in the butcher paper after it has completely cooled. Worked perfectly! When I was ready to eat it, I unwrapped the brisket, put it on a baking sheet in the oven and warmed it up. I have also let the brisket get completely cold overnight in the refrigerator, then sliced and vacuum sealed to be reheated later. It turns out excellent, and tastes like it was just cooked! The key to each method is to cool completely. If you dont cool completely you will loose all the moisture you worked so hard for. If you are vacuum sealing, moisture is not your friend, and will screw up the seal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X