No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re right. Just stinks that it takes so long to get drawn and it’s wasted. Dang Mother Nature!

Comment

Anyone had good luck on the waterfowl hunts down there this year? My buddies and I did not

Comment

Originally posted by etxag7 View Post
        Anyone had good luck on the waterfowl hunts down there this year? My buddies and I did not
        That's too bad. I wanted that draw this year. We've hunted west of there. The birds just aren't down yet in numbers. With a good solid freeze in Neb and Kan and a solid front we should start seeing birds. I predict Dec 18 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by etxag7 View Post
          I got drawn for the last weekend of the season. Hoping we get some more birds down but with how much water is everywhere right now they are very spread out anyways.

Comment

Do they actually ever check if you drew waterfowl out there?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              Do they actually ever check if you drew waterfowl out there?
              Probably not real necessary. If you draw, you then draw a compartment to yourself. I'm sure that someone that was drawn would not be happy about sharing it with someone that just showed up and would likely get the game warden involved. They also lock the gate and only drawn hunters get the combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                Probably not real necessary. If you draw, you then draw a compartment to yourself. I'm sure that someone that was drawn would not be happy about sharing it with someone that just showed up and would likely get the game warden involved. They also lock the gate and only drawn hunters get the combo.
                It used to be a mad dash to the best duck spots, no compartments involved, maybe its changed.
                Last edited by bossbowman; 12-09-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Waterfowl at RCWMA is all drawn now and you have to be at the orientation the Friday afternoon of the hunt.

Some buddies and I drew it for opening weekend this season and got limits on redheads, ringneck and teal. Our compartment was covered in gadwall, just on the other side from where we set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogz217 View Post
                    Waterfowl at RCWMA is all drawn now and you have to be at the orientation the Friday afternoon of the hunt.
                    South unit only, north unit is open at 5am to APH permit holders. Notth days left open where there are no draw hunts dec. 24-25, 27-28, 31 & jan. 1, 19-21.

Comment

South unit only, north unit is open at 5am to APH permit holders. Notth days left open where there are no draw hunts dec. 24-25, 27-28, 31 & jan. 1, 19-21.
                      There are some adult /youth days according to the book as well. I will post them when I find my book.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        There are some adult /youth days according to the book as well. I will post them when I find my book.
                        Those are the adult/youth hunts. You have to have a youth with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                          Those are the adult/youth hunts. You have to have a youth with you.
                          The youth/adult days are dec. 22-23, 26, 29-30. The other days that week I posted you don't have to have a youth,

Comment

Son and I plan on going for at least one youth day

Comment

This is false information and a great way to get some one a ticket. The ONLY APHP duck hunting on the RCWMA North Unit is through Youth/Adult and Youth dates in the book

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                                This is false information and a great way to get some one a ticket. The ONLY APHP duck hunting on the RCWMA North Unit is through Youth/Adult and Youth dates in the book
                                Check again, the WMA north unit is not closed on those dates and it states specifically in the APH booklet on the not closed dates-->>> Waterfowl: shooting hours - one half hour before sunrise until noon. Hunter access begins at 5:00 a.m. No motorized vessels allowed.
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 12-20-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X