No announcement yet.

TPWD Youth Antlerless/Spike Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can't hunt the paved roads for obvious reasons... but the senderos/roads in your compartment are fair game ...always have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      The boy wants a warthog! I dare say that I'd like to see one as well.
      My oldest shot a junior warthog - aka javi - down here 3 years ago. There was a kid on the same hunt who shot 2 warthogs on the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        you can't hunt the paved roads for obvious reasons... but the senderos/roads in your compartment are fair game ...always have been.

Yeah I was a bit confused thanks for clarifying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are here and setup camp in front of bathrooms. Yee haw!

Comment

good luck out there folks...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
              Yeah I was a bit confused thanks for clarifying

Sorry for that. In my mind I draw the distinction between roads and senderos, you can hunt senderos. Our unit had a couple large roads in it that were not paved and the guys next to us drove them several times that we saw, one road they were on was inside our unit and not the boundary road they thought they were on (honest mistake I'm sure). I did not consider those huntable roads per the talk they gave us but I could have interpreted it wrong. Even if legal I would not have hunted those roads.
              Last edited by justletmein; 11-09-2018, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Sorry for that. In my mind I draw the distinction between roads and senderos, you can hunt senderos. Our unit had a couple large roads in it that were not paved and the guys next to us drove them several times that we saw, one road they were on was inside our unit and not the boundary road they thought they were on (honest mistake I'm sure). I did not consider those huntable roads per the talk they gave us but I could have interpreted it wrong. Even if legal I would not have hunted those roads.
                yeah... I would not hunt a boundary road...

but inside the compartment, yeah It is available. that being said... I have seen and myself have taken the wrong road in the early am ... usually honest mistakes and folks dont do it more than once. as always...use good judgement.

Comment

We had a great weekend at the chaparral. Seen a lot of wildlife deer, bobcats,javelina and a coyote. We ended up harvesting one javelina and had some opportunities at a doe but the shots would’ve been 200yds plus. Just not an ethical for a 11 yr old. Can’t wait for dec4-7 for my bow hunt.

Comment

Congrats. Were there many deer killed?

Comment

We just got home. Had a great weekend even though we didn’t get anything. Saw several bucks, a couple of does and 1 javelina. The does and javi never came in close enough for a shot. Saw at least 5 does and a bunch of javis brought in to the check station.

Comment

Big brass what compartment did y’all draw?

Comment

We were in South Jay on the far west pasture. We saw 8 deer and 1 javi between Yesterday afternoon and this morning. We walked the perimeter just before we left and saw a LOT of javelina droppings and tracks.

Comment

Any nice bucks?

Comment

We had 2 young yearlings, a 6 pointer, and a messed up one that was very thin and had a weird little clubbed rack. We saw 2 bigger 10’s that i think were at least 3 but they were on the move. The does we saw were at the last 10 minutes of light and close to 300 yards out. Too far for me to be comfortable to be 100% sure they were does and be sure he could make the shot.

Comment

My son shot a Javi @ 165 yds, although it didn't look that far from the stand! When I stepped it off we almost fell over with awe!

We hunted North Jay 10 stand #336. Watched a small 7 eat all of our corn and walked within 5ft of our truck at 20 yds. 2 coyotes, 25 Javi's, 2 does and a 3ptr. When we pulled in Corning Saturday there was a monster buck just across the barbed fence in South Jay. Even at 250 yds he was still huge!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X