Little Buddy Gas heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    Little Buddy Gas heater....the smaller round model.

Anyone use this in your box blind and how do you like/dislike it?
    I leave a couple of the small propane tanks in the blind and only carry the head unit and assemble there, definitely easier. Other people have been seen around there and I don't want it to be stolen.

So you are asking us about an opinion on something you already own and have/do use?

I took your initial post as looking to buy or hadn't used it in a blind yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      If it’s below 30° you will find yourself wanting the regular sized buddy heater. Unless your blind is really insulated well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I disagree. I use a little buddy and a Coleman Cat in a pop up blind with the front window fully open in 20 degree weather and I cannot sit in there with a coat on after about 20 mins

Comment

I have one in both 6' Maverick blinds, my 8' diameter Tank End Blind and my one Krivoman blind. I have the small propane bottles sitting outside and hoses run to each one. They are a life saver especially when you get old like I am and cannot stand sitting in the cold.

Comment

I bought one last year and it was junk. I was a little bit skeptical after reading some reviews saying that after the first few uses it wouldn't ignite anymore or never would light to start with. Well my first timing using it the thing worked fine. The second time it did light but not easily and then it never would light again after that.

Comment

I've seen those, do they work well? I think Walmart has them now too..
            Gonna put it to use this weekend we will see. Of course when we get there all the big white bottles will be empty

Comment

I have several, they work great. They will cook you out of the blind on high!

Comment

threadjack, I have one of the square buddys, that sucker flames up the point it is coming above the grate. had a bunch of dobber nests i cleaned out of there but it is almost like it is getting too much air?? anyone got an ideas to help with a overflamed heater

Comment

I've had the medium size Buddy for nine years. Works great but is a little noisy on low. Never had it spook the deer. Mine does flame over the top on high now and not sure why. If you go with the adapter and large propane bottle make sure you add the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by westguy76 View Post
                    threadjack, I have one of the square buddys, that sucker flames up the point it is coming above the grate. had a bunch of dobber nests i cleaned out of there but it is almost like it is getting too much air?? anyone got an ideas to help with a overflamed heater

When it comes up above the grate it is because the gas is being diverted away from the burner. I had a big *** spider build a web/nest in one of the ones I was working on and would flame up just like that. I had to clean out the inside of the brass/silver burner casing and pull off the ceramic burner and clean it out as well. That solved it. It's an easy process.....one screw get the burner unit out. Just got to be thorough...

I have taken these things down to where they are all nothing but individual part to clean out oil that got flushed into them via the big tanks/hoses. Its easy to to take apart. Just time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      Gonna put it to use this weekend we will see. Of course when we get there all the big white bottles will be empty
                      Please let me know if they work good, I've been eyeing them for a while.

Comment

i'm always paranoid about carbon monoxide and keep a bunch of windows open. it keeps my wife warm enough.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                          i'm always paranoid about carbon monoxide and keep a bunch of windows open. it keeps my wife warm enough.

I can tell you from experience the low oxygen sensor works on them. We had mine going in a new box blind that was tightly sealed and insulated. It shut off and wouldn’t reignite until I opened the door and let fresh air in. After that we had to keep a window or two cracked to keep it running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the Little Buddy heaters in all my blinds. Been using them for a long long time. I like ‘em...No problems and they work really well.

Comment

I sure hate the base on the "Little Buddy's"
                              I tried it out in the garage last night and HATE the base...
                              Any ideas how to build a small base that will hold the propane better and won't tip over easily?
                              Last edited by ATI; 11-09-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

the smaller round model.

Anyone use this in your box blind and how do you like/dislike it?
                                We use them in Wisconsin all the time when it gets below freezing, with open windows. Set it under the seat so your butt and back stay warm, and the rest of your body will be good. I think all of them these days have CO monitors.

I wouldn't use it above freezing only because of smell. It allows not only the propane smell, but anything on your clothes, your sweat, and breath, to rise before the win blows it away, and will cause scent to blow way further in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X