Live in SE Oklahoma for 5 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
    Up and at em this morning, heading out now. Wind switched to the NW, perfect for my #1 stand. Pressure rose over 30 for first time in several days, maybe even a week, it’s at 30.03 and will keep rising over the next 4 days. Rising pressure + rising testosterone may equal a big buck on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I’m heading to my lease in Atoka Co this afternoon. I’ll be there till Saturday morning, hoping this weather will get them moving some. I had a small buck grunting and lightly pushing does last week but I haven’t seen anything else that resembles the rut yet either

Comment

Good luck

In for updates.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Smoke one Pepsi man!!

Good luck buddy!!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Best of luck.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Well, I was typing an update and all the sudden, I hear a low and long guttural sound from about 50 yards away at my 10 o’clock. I pull my binoculars up and bam, it’s a huge 9 point and our #3 hit list buck. Instant adrenaline dump. They’re in a spot where I can’t see all the way through the trees. I say “they” because he’s walking behind a hot doe. She’s moving left to right about 55 yards out and downhill, which means she probably isn’t going to come back my way once she passes. So I grunt at him while passes through a shooting window at 50 yards to see if he’ll come closer in an effort to defend her from the buck I’m pretending to be. He ignores me and I lose him for a minute. I’ve got my crossbow in hand but I’m trying to locate him in the brush. Right when I see him again, he’s about to pass that window but I didn’t see it until it was too late. I should have grunted him to a stop in the window and then found him in the scope. Lesson learned.....I had that spot pre-ranged. There was another immature 8 point following both of them. I got the encounter on video but it’s not a zoom video and all you can make out is it’s a deer passing through. Here’s 2 pics of the buck.

Comment

Comment

Beast 8. Good luck, hot doe should keep him in area

Comment

He’ll be back..

Comment

good luck today!

Comment

Following!this seems like a very interesting thread

Comment

Working...
                                X