No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could have shot a doe this morning if my local fork horn wasn’t chasing them so hard. Little guy was so fired up he almost tore through my ground blind as I was walking by my feeder on my way out.

Comment

Is it hunter harassment if another hunter brings in corn to load their feeder right before sunset?! SMH, idiots. Finally had a mature doe lining up for the shot...

Hope others are having better luck than me this year:-)

Comment

No, but lame plan on timing. I wanted to fill feeder but only time I could make it was hunting time, so no go. It’s also nice to know who’s around you and get phone numbers and let each other know when your hunting. I have a good group that communicates pretty good. Worth a shot, just get feeder numbers of hunters around you and bring or call the office and get phone contacts if you can.

Comment

The other guys all know each other and do keep in touch, apparently this guy is “new” and j set up behind us.

Comment

**** sorry to hear that.

Nothing but tree rats this evening

Comment

Maybe the guy hasn’t had a chance until now. If it bothers you that much about him filling his feeder at that time, leave him a not at his sight and tell him you are more than willing to fill his feeder because you understand some people have tight time constraints because of work and maybe even young children. Most likely one of these is the case. And that is the true part of public land.

Comment

One year ago tonight I shot my first archery buck at my same spot. Man, what a difference the weather is this year. Only got out 4 times without seeing a deer. Last year I remember the front was just coming on like tonight but was raining off and on cold add rain. By the end of the night it was pouring rain while checking and weighing in the deer at Russel Park. One for my memory and one for my wall. Those able to target a buck tonight is hot!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                  One year ago tonight I shot my first archery buck at my same spot. Man, what a difference the weather is this year. Only got out 4 times without seeing a deer. Last year I remember the front was just coming on like tonight but was raining off and on cold add rain. By the end of the night it was pouring rain while checking and weighing in the deer at Russel Park. One for my memory and one for my wall. Those able to target a buck tonight is hot!! Lol
                  Do you think anyone is buck hunting yet? There were 8 doe checked in opening weekend. Not sure what else has been brought in since.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally haven’t heard anyone who stuck one yet. I’m hoping the weekend will be better then last.

Comment

You guys should have a better weekend coming up. The bucks are running close to Shell/DB Woods from 195 to Williams Dr.. Have seen lots of activity in the past three days. Good luck to all going out!

Comment

Anyone putting up the stick and string to blast some ducks this weekend?

Comment

Im rifle hunting at Barton Creek Habitat Reserve now and will for next 2 days

Comment

I’m gonna sum up my season so far. I’m in the stand about 45minutes and my wife messages me,”I cut my finger and I need stitches” man what a year.

Comment

Man the perfect day too!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowtech02 View Post
                                Man the perfect day too!!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
                                I know I saw 11 deer on my way home all on their feet

Comment

Working...
                                X