No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built the platform piece tonight. Going to have to wait to put the legs on until I'm at my land because the dang thing already weighs like 150-175 lbs and I wouldn't be able to lift it into my truck.

Also have a Double Bull en route. Total cost: $370 including platform. Not bad.

Comment

you guys are killing me, I want one of these bad !! I imagine myself sitting for the opening, Hot October and skeeters everywhere !! hahahaha, not in my pop up blind

Great thread and I have tons of work to do..

I'll be following along!

Comment

I always build my platform piece with the discounted wood from home Depot. I just have to be patient and get a little at a time. I can usually build just the base for around $35.(not including plywood) It's not always perfectly square but that's okay. It's not like I'm building a house. Works for me.
        Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
        I built the platform piece tonight. Going to have to wait to put the legs on until I'm at my land because the dang thing already weighs like 150-175 lbs and I wouldn't be able to lift it into my truck.

Also have a Double Bull en route. Total cost: $370 including platform. Not bad.
        Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Put the blind on the platform today and added screw in o-rings to tie down the side hubs. Impressed with the quality of the blind - very heavy duty material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good. Is that the bullpen or doublewide? I put two strips of carpet down over the plywood and it’s silent to move around in. Shot a coyote yesterday out of it at 25 yards w/bow. Didn’t need to paint it camo or brush it in.

Comment

Double wide. It’s easily big enough for 2 men comfortably but probably not more than that. Maybe 1 kid in the middle.

Comment

Lots of great ideas. Still need to get to this build!

Comment

I'll take some pictures of mine this weekend. Pretty did the same thing as several of you guys. Mine is only 3.5 feet high but my feeder sits down a slope so I am higher up in relation to the feeder area. Used 1x2's screwed down on the flaps of my Double bull blind. Looking forward to using it Sunday.

Comment

Set it up Friday and hunted Saturday. Brutal wind - was not a fun hunt.

Comment

I was inspired by this thread. Final product.

Hopefully I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Comment

Been a long time since I 1st got the old popup off the ground.. Good looking set ups you fellas are making..

I enjoy coming back and seeing all the different ideas that have been used.

Comment

Went a little overboard to keep the kiddos from going overboard....

Comment

Bump to the top. Going to build one out of an 8'x7'x6' metal rack. Plywood on top as the "floor".

Did you guys seal/weatherproof the plywood? How do you keep it from curling or buckling from rain?

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                              Bump to the top. Going to build one out of an 8'x7'x6' metal rack. Plywood on top as the "floor".

Did you guys seal/weatherproof the plywood? How do you keep it from curling or buckling from rain?
                              I just painted and put outdoor carpet down

Comment

Re-purposed my 6 foot base that I have used for several years with a pop-up to mount a redneck soft sided burlap blind. Very roomy.
                                It's 6'x6' so I extended the floor with exterior plywood and carpet.

Comment

Working...
                                X