"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
    Next time just go hunting. It was us! We were just walking and stalking. Lots of times we push pigs to each other. Your not messing up anyone's hunting. If anything it helps...
    This is good to know. I was also worried about bumping people but luckily didn't run into any stands.

Comment

Saw a boar last weekend that probably would have gone 300 or more. He was big and black. Wish I could have gotten a shot.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181102_092715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	24559223 I got this one yesterday at gate 5

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CARNAGE68 View Post
          [ATTACH]931805[/ATTACH] I got this one yesterday at gate 5

Nice good job brother!! Was gonna shoot you a message see if you been out yet this fall.... you always killing them!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bro...looks like a delicious one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice bro.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Got into the pigs today

Comment

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
                  Got into the pigs today

Nice shot

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rojobeard View Post
                    Got into the pigs today

That's a good shot Rojo!

Comment

As I would like to take credit for this one it was my buddy that got the shot everytime they spooked they went his way[emoji58]

Comment

Hey y'all, long time lurker of this thread. Thanks for all the advice, because of y'all I was inspired to make my first trip to granger yesterday. Parked at the canoe launch with my dad in san Gabriel and hiked in north east. Put in around 3-4 miles of walking. I know there are no pigs at granger but good lord there was tons of sign. Anything close to the water is pretty much flooded but if you move maybe a quarter mile inland it's good hunting. Bumped a hog and a nice 8 point buck out of a their beds but didn't get a shot at the hog, dude just disappeared as soon as I raised the bow. Thanks again for all the advice and laughs, reading yalls posts is what inspired me to get out there and put in the leg work. I will for sure be going back whenever I can because it's a beautiful place to get lost in the woods for a day.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserAces1610 View Post
                          Hey y'all, long time lurker of this thread. Thanks for all the advice, because of y'all I was inspired to make my first trip to granger yesterday. Parked at the canoe launch with my dad in san Gabriel and hiked in north east. Put in around 3-4 miles of walking. I know there are no pigs at granger but good lord there was tons of sign. Anything close to the water is pretty much flooded but if you move maybe a quarter mile inland it's good hunting. Bumped a hog and a nice 8 point buck out of a their beds but didn't get a shot at the hog, dude just disappeared as soon as I raised the bow. Thanks again for all the advice and laughs, reading yalls posts is what inspired me to get out there and put in the leg work. I will for sure be going back whenever I can because it's a beautiful place to get lost in the woods for a day.
                          Welcome to the club, water still pretty high out there? haven't been out there in like 2 weeks since the rain.

Comment

Water is dropping but slowly. They are dumping a ton down stream trying to get it lowered.

Comment

Yeah i wanted to get out there this coming weekend but looks like we are getting more rain.

Comment

Yep if you're going you'll definitely want some high waterproof boots or gaiters because there is some serious mud in some areas. A lot of the lower elevation places near the river still have a few inches of water in them. When you get 100+ yards off the river though it gets more manageable. Still muddy but not bad. The sounds of leaves underfoot are somewhat muffled because they're damp which was nice, that's how I snuck up on the hog I ended up bumping. Probably got within ~20 yards of him, just didn't have an ethical shot before he bolted. You can see tracks EVERYWHERE because of the mud

Comment

Working...
                                X