First Stacked Leather Knife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Stacked Leather Knife.

I've always wanted to make one and last night I decided to trying it on a hidden tang knife I was planning on putting an elk antler on it. Lots more work involved that antler or wood handle, but it was fun doing it. White is bone, I don't remember what kind of bone it is, I pulled it out of my handle material drawer. Guard is Copper, butt is brass. I put it in a buffalo leather sheath, I already had made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpyx9QGxAM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	25161983

Click image for larger version

Name:	phpzBwlO0AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	25161984

Amazing work.

Comment

That is purrrrr D! You have amazing skills.

Comment

That looks pretty cool. I always save my small leather scraps thinking some day I'll make a stacked leather handle, but I still haven't done it. Do you have a threaded butt cap, or did you peen it?

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          That looks pretty cool. I always save my small leather scraps thinking some day I'll make a stacked leather handle, but I still haven't done it. Do you have a threaded butt cap, or did you peen it?
          I peened it Sam... Yes, I have a big box of leather scraps I've been intending to use for this for years. I just got bored and thought I'd do it to see how it would look.

I have a kid, I say kid, he's 46. I used to coach in soccer when he was 6-14 and recently lost his Dad and his Mom is in hospice that wants to buy it. I'm going to give it to him.
          Last edited by Bjankowski; 10-19-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Beautiful knife as always!

Comment

Very nice Sir!

Comment

Good looking handle. I always like the old Western L39 handles. They looked good but didn't like hot water at all

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Good looking handle. I always like the old Western L39 handles. They looked good but didn't like hot water at all
                  I agree; one reason I soaked this with a lot of neatsfoot oil before I buffed it out with white rouge.

Comment

That is very nice!

Comment

Is this for sale?

Comment

Comment

That's a really great knife, Bob!

Comment

Working...
                          X