No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my next build, I am going to use straight legs. I don't feel a need for the elevators at 5 ft
    Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
    They definitely have them at Academy, but I don't know what "an arm and a leg for them" is. They're like $75 for a set of 4 at Academy.
    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
      For my next build, I am going to use straight legs. I don't feel a need for the elevators at 5 ft

Yeah you really don't. Just put the 4 X 4 post on the inside where it corners & run some long screws from the outside & run some braces between the legs on all sides. Mine our very sturdy.

Comment

Whatever you do, make sure you also use the tie-downs for the outside hubs. I learned this the hard way in the panhandle winds.

Yep! Unless you want to show up to a collapsed blind...LOL

Comment

Are you having to anchor down?
          Originally posted by darralld View Post
          Yeah you really don't. Just put the 4 X 4 post on the inside where it corners & run some long screws from the outside & run some braces between the legs on all sides. Mine our very sturdy.

Comment

Are you having to anchor down?

I anchor them with a couple fence posts.

Comment

Kinda figured. Thanks for the feedback.
              Originally posted by darralld View Post
              I anchor them with a couple fence posts.

Comment

Great thread. My dad and I put one up today. 6.5x8’ platform using the brackets. They make it quick and easy. Rock solid after adding the braces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking set-up.

Comment

How thick of plywood are yall using for the floor?

Comment

I use 1/2 inch plywood

Comment

What a great thread. I might have to take on a project like this, I have some old telephone poles laying around that I can use for my legs. Kill two birds with one stone, gets my blind off the ground and less junk laying around the yard which will keep the wife off my butt.

Comment

Telephone poles are permanent. Lol
                          Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                          What a great thread. I might have to take on a project like this, I have some old telephone poles laying around that I can use for my legs. Kill two birds with one stone, gets my blind off the ground and less junk laying around the yard which will keep the wife off my butt.

Comment

Gone mine done this year too!

Indeed a 6x8x8 foot platform built from treated lumber is very heavy! Too much for one man without mechanical advantage. Creative use of ATV winch and it all came together!

I picked up a Redneck Blinds softside a few years back. Been on the ground last two seasons, and finally got it elevated this year.

The Ghillie Deluxe Ground Blind's spacious 6x6 foot interior fits three adults comfortably. Stay hidden in one of America's top-selling blinds.

Mines not the ghillie cover but camo canvas.

Elevator corners are from E-Z Tower; http://www.e-ztower.com/ picked up from Deerview outside Mansfield (southern DFW metro). They are built heavy duty and highly recommended.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by VanX; 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM. Reason: adding photo

Comment

It would be easy to attach skids to the bottom of the legs where you could drag it behind an ATV or truck making it easy to move around.

Comment

3/4”, since I had it laying around already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X