This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    Both with one loss, one plays and wins all but one game in a very competitive conference and the other plays and wins all but one game in a not very good conference - mostly garbage teams. These teams are not equal. Besides, Alabama will probably beat Auburn who beat Oregon. And Alabama (even without Tua) would probably still destroy any team from the PAC.

Conference champion means something, but it means less if the team plays in a garbage conference and looses their only tough OOC game.

The 'four best teams in college football' concept is hard for some to grasp - conference affiliation doesn't and shouldn't matter.

FOUR BEST TEAMS
    Bad concept.

Is it always the two best teams in the superbowl? no, it's conference champions.

FTR both Oregon and Utah currently have better SOS than Bama. It's not really close.
    Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 11-20-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Did you even do your homework before discrediting App State ?

NOPE because if you did, you would realized that a little ol' 9-1 Sun Belt team has more P5 road wins than A&M. App St. beat UNC and South Carolina as the road dog. App has been legit for years (regardless of their division) and recv'd lots of national recognition including being recognized as the greatest upset in CFB history.
      Good thing App St did not play the fight'n Piggly Wiggly's. They would have hung 50 on them.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
        Both with one loss, one plays and wins all but one game in a very competitive conference and the other plays and wins all but one game in a not very good conference - mostly garbage teams. These teams are not equal. Besides, Alabama will probably beat Auburn who beat Oregon. And Alabama (even without Tua) would probably still destroy any team from the PAC.

Conference champion means something, but it means less if the team plays in a garbage conference and looses their only tough OOC game.

The 'four best teams in college football' concept is hard for some to grasp - conference affiliation doesn't and shouldn't matter.

FOUR BEST TEAMS
        Ahh, more opinions. Great......

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
          As Kirby Smart said today, “We won’t be taking Texas A&M lightly. Have y’all seen who their three losses are to? They’ve lost to the number one team in the nation twice and another top 10 team. They’ve got a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and are a good football team. They are probably one of the most talented teams we’ll face this year.”

No one will ever take you guys seriously as long as you CONTINUE to talk up your losses. I understand who they were to, but it's a bad look man....EVERY **** YEAR....

Beat some of those guys, and let the resume speak for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Bad concept.

Is it always the two best teams in the superbowl? no, it's conference champions.

FTR both Oregon and Utah currently have better SOS than Bama. It's not really close.
            As you know, since we talk about it weekly, the NFL structure is completely different with conferences feeding into brackets with wildcard games for the maybes and what ifs

CFB doesn't have that structure

The four best teams - based on the opinion of football 'experts' - regardless of conference is the structure. I'm not saying it's great, or even good, but that's what it is.

If the NCAA wanted to completely blow up CFB they could divide the 130-140 teams into 8 even conferences, each with a division of 8-9 teams, then take the 8 winners into the post season for the national championship - but I doubt that ever happens. Too much money involved in the current structure.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Ahh, more opinions. Great......
              It's ALL opinions

ESPN

CBS

ABC

Sagarin's

Flatlander

Eradicator

Smart (if he comes back from dove hunting)

BOB

All - just -opinions
              Last edited by flatlander; 11-20-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Bad concept.

Head to head Oregon and bama- who would you pick? Who cares about SOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't want to see the committee reward teams like Bama for their OOC schedules. At the current state, the SEC champion will almost always get in regardless of OOC, but I think if any team wants to be seriously considered as a non conference champion, their OOC schedule should play a huge factor in that consideration. Bama's OOC resume is underwhelming, at best.
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

Lol at SEC honks talking about being in a good conference vs. Other teams in bad conferences, then when numbers prove otherwise they suddenly don't care about quality of opponents.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I don't want to see the committee reward teams like Bama for their OOC schedules. At the current state, the SEC champion will almost always get in regardless of OOC, but I think if any team wants to be seriously considered as a non conference champion, their OOC schedule should play a huge factor in that consideration. Bama's OOC resume is underwhelming, at best.
                      I agree. I think the year they got in without the conference championship was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                        I agree. I think the year they got in without the conference championship was a mistake.
                        The year they beat #1 Clemson and subsequently #3 Georgia to win the championship? How can you argue they were not one of the top 4 teams in the country at the end of the season? I'm not a bama fan but some of you people are ridiculous. They were clearly one of the 4 best teams in the country and it would have been a mistake to leave them out.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                          The year they beat #1 Clemson and subsequently #3 Georgia to win the championship? How can you argue they were not one of the top 4 teams in the country at the end of the season? I'm not a bama fan but some of you people are ridiculous. They were clearly one of the 4 best teams in the country and it would have been a mistake to leave them out.
                          The thought of them making it this year is troubling.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            The thought of them making it this year is troubling.

Good luck to the Sun Devils against the Ducks

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                              Pending Bama goes undefeated the rest of the way do you honestly think that Oregon and/or Utah are better teams than Bama? Serious question.
                              Without Tua.
                              Yes

Comment

If bama still had tua, the committee wouldn’t be leaving them out but with the backup qb, I think the other teams will pass them when they win their conference assuming they only have 1 loss. Leaving bama out will be good for college football.

Comment

Working...
                                X