2023 Ford Maverick Orders closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    What’s so special about a baby truck? Seriously.

Superior gas mileage, ease of parking, ease of negotiating tight parking lots, while still being able to carry decent loads and getting much better fuel economy when loaded.

Midsized trucks today are the same size as full size trucks from the early 90’s. Most people that want a full size truck don’t really have a need for one, nor do they typically use even half of a full size truck’s capabilities. My wife and I are a perfect example of that. We will occasionally tow a small 2k pound cargo trailer and frequently have folding chairs and a cooler in the bed. The only reason we didn’t look at the Maverick is because of my wife’s preferences. When it comes down to it though, a Maverick would be perfect for us.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
      Why are these is such demand and if they are why haven't other manufacturers jumped on creating a similar vechicle? I saw this youtube clip where the exhaust on one is already rusting out after only a few miles due to cheaper materials they use to build these https://youtu.be/NYUZNkfYvTE?t=651. While its a neat concept I don't feel these cars with a bed are going to be very durable long term
      Lots of folks bought those things. Like you I can’t imagine why. I guess I should take the trunk lid off my VWPassat and sell it as a legit 35mpg corn hauler

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
        Why are these is such demand and if they are why haven't other manufacturers jumped on creating a similar vechicle? I saw this youtube clip where the exhaust on one is already rusting out after only a few miles due to cheaper materials they use to build these https://youtu.be/NYUZNkfYvTE?t=651. While its a neat concept I don't feel these cars with a bed are going to be very durable long term

Manufacturers are slow to bring new vehicles(not just redesigned or rebadged) to market. It takes time to design the chassis, body, and drivetrain. Even if the drivetrain is borrowed from an existing vehicle. Then you have to crash test the vehicles, get them EPA certified(even if it is an existing drivetrain), and get the manufacturing infrastructure retooled to build the new vehicle as well as the assembly line workers trained. Not to mention real world testing, and all of that has to be done before production can start. At best, it takes 2-3 years. It is a long drawn out process.

As far as inferior parts being used, that did not start with the pandemic. I saw a video recently of a 2019 Chevy truck that was so rusted underneath that ground studs could be pulled off of the truck with your bare hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I just read an article that said the a lot of people who purchased the '22 model won't receive until '23 because production on it is such a mess.
          That's me ...I am him. Had to reorder a 23. Finally got a vin and a build date. I have a second order in for a 23 out of Kansas.

Comment

Stay away

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Ordered mine in February had it in 90 days AWD EB XLT OTD 28k .. love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Resembles a Honda Ridgeline but I don't think the Honda's break 20MPG

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Lots of folks bought those things. Like you I can’t imagine why. I guess I should take the trunk lid off my VWPassat and sell it as a legit 35mpg corn hauler
                Your Passat is AWD, has a payload capacity of 1500lbs and can pull 4K??

To be honest they are pretty whimpy looking trucks…but I recently ordered one though. I’ll use it strictly as a commuter vehicle for the great fuel mileage. It will be handy to be able to take a few bags of corn down a bumpy county road in it every now and then also… When I need to do real truck stuff I’ll just use my 1 ton diesel.

Comment

Nothing IMO. It’s a ridge line with a blue oval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

To be honest they are pretty whimpy looking trucks…but I recently ordered one though. I’ll use it strictly as a commuter vehicle for the great fuel mileage. It will be handy to be able to take a few bags of corn down a bumpy county road in it every now and then also… When I need to do real truck stuff I’ll just use my 1 ton diesel.
                    Same for me. When my work car goes tits up thinking about getting one of these.

I want one with the limited slip clutches in the rear though. Supposedly the 2023 trenor package will get them.

Hopefully in the future nore packages will include them.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post

It’s front wheel drive and I’m sure I could stuff 1500 lbs in it and during the big freeze I cut tracks on highway 183 for 30 miles. Stopped to check on a guy in a 250 4wd who was spinning all 4 in the ditch
                      As far as the maverick goes, I’m just funnin

Comment

It’s a 4 dr EL Camino [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Stay away

The jerky brakes are a problem that a LOT of hybrid cars have a problem with. It is VERY difficult to get the programming down for the transition between regenerative braking and the friction brakes. The reason why manufacturers are so hesitant to do anything about it is a change to the programming for the regenerative braking would require a recertification from the EPA because the fuel economy would be altered ever so slightly. The recertification is VERY expensive and is not a cost that a manufacturer plans on.

Does that make it right? Absolutely not. Problems like this should be addressed. But it is not just a simple reprogramming that dealerships are allowed to do that would fix this issue. I’ve personally dealt with similar issues with Toyota and KIA. Neither Toyota nor KIA ever did anything to fix the issues either.

Comment

Could totally see why a city dwellers would want one. 95% of TBHers are NOT the target market.

Comment

if you want one put your name in with all the area Ford dealers. Thats how I got my 22 FX4 AWD Lariet. I get multiple calls from dealers almost weekly. People order them and get tired of waiting. I love mine getting about 25 city driving and 31 hwy.

Comment

There is a 2022 Maverick at the Ford dealership in DeSoto. Been seeing it when running up and down 35. Looked it up and they are asking $39K for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X