No announcement yet.

video of a dog at work tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's based out of Iowa I think and I could be wrong on this, but I think it is a law up there that tracking dogs must be on a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
      ……
      Just curious but wouldn't a hunter check the closest water anyway? I would.
      I was thinking the same thing. Might have just been an inexperienced hunter, but I wish the narrator would have at least mentioned gut shot deer WILL go to water because I think that was the biggest take away from the scenario he was in, not the “Stinging Nettle”

Comment

Great video! I can't wrap my head around how a dog can differentiate between multiple different trails/tracks in the woods. Special animals for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
          Great video! I can't wrap my head around how a dog can differentiate between multiple different trails/tracks in the woods. Special animals for sure.
          I can't either but I heard someone describe it like this once. If you or I walk into a kitchen we say "Mmm I smell apple pie". A dog or deer for that matter would walk into the same kitchen and say "MMM, I smell apples, cinnamon, butter, flour, etc." I don't know how they do it but they have the nose to distinguish between smells.

Comment

Shane makes some great videos of his dog Callie.. I've been watching him for a few years.. pretty cool to see how they work.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
              I can't either but I heard someone describe it like this once. If you or I walk into a kitchen we say "Mmm I smell apple pie". A dog or deer for that matter would walk into the same kitchen and say "MMM, I smell apples, cinnamon, butter, flour, etc." I don't know how they do it but they have the nose to distinguish between smells.
              I read somewhere that theres a gland between the deers toes.. The hurt deer puts out a different smell than the other deer.. They aren't really tracking the blood..

Comment

Great video ! It's amazing what that dog will go thru to find it's deer.

Comment

I can see why the dog was needed to track, jeeze that's some absurd stuff to have to track through.

Comment

Working...
                  X