X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    Black and white boar hog feeding at 40

Kill Him!

Glad to see you posting and good luck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

They cut a wide loop and got down wind of me. Spun out and went back where they came from. Wind is swirling pretty bad.

Comment

2 does easing this way

Comment

I'm absolute total TRASH!! This may be a TBH Live Hunt record. 6... SIX blown opportunities in 3 days including but not limited to FIVE misses from 6 to 19 yards. I have never wanted to quit something so bad in my life but I know I'm not going to. Deer 6 me 0... That's painful to say. I'm on my way back to Fort Worth with my tail between my legs and an empty cooler. I am absolutely disgusted with myself. See y'all next time.

Comment

Stuff happens man. Think I’d be practicing for a long while before going out again with the stick bow.

Comment

Thanks for taking us along, Red. It's still good to read about your live hunts, kill or no-kill.

Comment

The good news is... you found a killer spot.

Comment

The trad bows can sure humble a guy!!!! I’ve been doing it for 30yrs, and still have off days that make me wonder if I e ever known what I was doing with a stickbow!!!!!

Good luck from here on out!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      The good news is... you found a killer spot.
                      Several

Comment

good to have you back. safe trip back!!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                          Sorry about the delay. I dropped signal... Deer 4 Red 0. I'm not a blame guy but I'm about to be in those scenario. As I was drawing my bow I felt it bump the top of the blind. Not thinking about the draw compressing the limbs and making the ATA shorter I got settled and took my shot. My bow banged off of the top of the blind and ai could throw and arrow faster than it left my bow. This whole thing is a pretty humbling experience.

Things I have learned on this hunt. Me being 6'5" shooting a 60" bow; I can NOT shoot out of our blinds. They're awesome for a compound but not my stick bow. Also, I'm done hunting the way everyone else does because it just puts me in a bad mood and that's now what I'm hunting for. I'm about to pull my camo off and put my boots on and make some tracks and get back to my roots. I've been a hang and bang guy from day 1 but feeder guarding in the Panhandle has made me lazy. I'm about to locate me some feed trees and pinch points and I will be back with my climber!
                          Get you a saddle set up. Much easier and quicker to move and set up in different locations.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So it bugged me all night last night. I was sitting at Gateway when they opened this morning. We stripped the fletchings off an arrow and I did a bare shaft tune. I was about 12" nock left. I ended up cutting 1 5/8" off of the shaft to get a tune. Screwed a broadhead on and she's throwing darts now. I'm not saying the tuning was 100% the issue but it certainly didn't help.

Comment

Having confidence in your equipment as well as yourself is key.
                              Glad you got squared away. Now for the fun.

Comment

I'm back boys and girls! Been super busy but headed back in. Will update soon! Good to be back!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X