No announcement yet.

How do you deal with your loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grief is a lonely place to hang out trust me. As others have already stated please find a local grief counselor or grief support group. It WILL NOT CURE you but it helps to talk to those in the same boat. The only real cure is time.

Continued prayers and God bless you Randy.

Comment

Brother !
      I can’t even imagine how you feel, I don’t know how I’d cope if I was in your situation.
      I do know that when things have been the worst in my life and had me down so far, the only hope and comfort I found was prayer and connection to our Father.
      God seems to be the only true cure for depression, sadness. Prayers for you sir, and hopes of finding brighter days.
      Jesus loves you, this I know !!!!

Comment

My father died suddenly in 2010 at age 88. He was my moms primary care giver for the last eight years of his life. She was in the beginning stages of dementia and came to live with us. They had been married 60 years at the time of his death, and together a few years before that.
        We moved her in with us. She would wake up in the middle of the night calling his name or during the day she would call for him. This went on for a few months. I was doing all I could for her and trying to make her happy.
        A friend of mine told me “ Bruce you can’t replace your dad. You won’t ever be him”. How true he was. I stopped trying. You’ll be alone even though your with loved ones. They can’t replace your wife.
        Time heals nothing. God heals in His time and His way. I’ve said this before. God will give you beauty for ashes. Focus on what you have and live the way your precious wife would want you to. You will get through this but you’ll never stop missing her unless you can delete her memory.
        I miss my mom and dad every day. But I know where they are at. Their not lost. And I know they’d say “ Bruce Gods timing is perfect. He doesn’t make mistakes. Live your life and we’ll meet again”.
        Allow yourself to grieve brother in your way and your time.

Comment

Man I got that big lump in my throat reading through this thread and especially while reading yours and Jon Stewart's posts... pure gut-wrenching... Closest I've come is the loss of our only son at age 27 when the Lord took him home... Not the same, I know, but a part of me died that day. I am a different person after that. My wife and I celebrated 47 years this past Sunday the 25th... I just do not know how I'd be able to handle it if she were suddenly taken from me... A man's only got so many chances at life and happiness, but I can relate to you that because of my relationship with God, He absolutely saved me when our son died... I will never be the same and I know if I lost my beautiful wife, I for sure would not be the same. However, I do know that the void of losing someone close to you in your life, a part of you... will be filled in some manner. The thing we can do is choose how that void gets filled. I battled very hard at first after our son's passing with the whole "what could have I done" and the old could'a, would'a, should'a syndrome began to set in... My anger burned so bad inside me! I cried out to God and Randy, He spoke to me as clearly as I am typing this to you right now, "If you seek Me you will find Me." I right then and there decided that the void in my life would be filled by doing just that... Seeking God's will for my life... My son died on August 5, 2013... It's been a rough 9 years, but the last 5 or 6 really have been not so bad... He has returned my joy. I had to choose to go get it, but He gave it back to me. Our daughter has given us two grandsons and I am getting a chance at a "do-over" with them... Takin' them out for opening weekend this coming weekend! They're excited, but words cannot explain the excitement and joy I feel being able to do that! Randy, everyone is different, but yet we are very similar... we can only effect what we control. I encourage you to seek God, make a conscious decision not to let anger, hatred, madness, loneliness or other evil too of the Devil fill that void. Randy, it is up to you to not to let that void be filled with loneliness. You are blessed with having that sweet granddaughter and your son/daughter-in-law and work friends to help you. Latch onto that and make the most of it... I promise, it gets better.
          I will pray for your peace and comfort sir. Jon posted the comment about God picking the prettiest flowers first... That thought brought to mind an old gospel song my mom sang when I was a kid... always was one of my favorites... It's worth a listen. This is the original version:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJBfDx7LR8Y"]Gathering Flowers For The Master's Bouquet - YouTube[/ame]
          Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 09-29-2022, 02:44 PM.

Comment

When my dad passed my mom ended up going to a grief share class that our church offers. No she is one of the teachers of the class. The class really helps for a lot of people. It is a First Baptist Church in Rockwall.

Comment

Dang Slick. Even with all the pain and sorrow of ours sons brain injury at age two would never compare to him dying. I couldn’t imagine life without him. But we, he, you, none of us will leave here until our time is up. We all have an appointment with Him. And we won’t be late or early. We’ll be right on time. Until that time we’re all invincible.

Comment

My only child passed away a year and a half ago and I think of her constantly. For a year I honestly didn’t think I could go on and seriously didn’t want to. It seems as if overnight I went from overwhelming sadness and depression to feeling Blessed beyond measure. I am Blessed to know firsthand what true unconditional love is that can only come from your own child. So many have no idea what I’m talking about.

Allow yourself to grieve without limitation and never apologize for crying or being lost in thought about her! But, when the time is right, turn that overwhelming grief to a sense of Blessing. You are Blessed that God brought your paths together and though your physical time was limited, true love endures ALL things.

Micheal

Comment

Keep your faith.
                  so sorry for your loss.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed" psalms 34:18

Comment

I lost my oldest daughter in 2009, after a short two week illness. The pain never fully goes away but time heals the wound, as time passes only the happy memories remain. Praying for you brother.

Comment

I don't have anything to offer other than prayers, but you definitely have those!!

Comment

My grandmother passed and it hasn’t been easy on my grandfather. They were married 64 years. She was the center of our family, and it’s been very tough. I’ve tried my best to keep my grandpa busy. He goes to church, stays on his lawn mower and work around the yard. Try and keep him as involved as I can by taking him to the deer lease, invite him over for supper etc. He has def changed and it’s hard to watch, but I get it. Prayers for your loss sir. You gotta stay positive for yourself and family. Try and find joy again.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                          I lost my oldest daughter in 2009, after a short two week illness. The pain never fully goes away but time heals the wound, as time passes only the happy memories remain. Praying for you brother.

You will always remember them perfect in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time brother just time and a long time.

Comment

Prayers up and pm sent.

Comment

Send some prayers for Gods Grace and healing

Comment

Working...
                                X