No announcement yet.

Which tradbow are you taking to Prom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm goin with the selfbow. My uncle roughed it out years ago before he died. My dad (aka my uncle's brother) has had it on the bow rack since he passed about 15 years ago. I recently completed it. Shoots a 650 grain wood good enough.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
      Here's my rig for the season - hoping to get my first big game tradbow kill this year!

Palmer Classic Recurve
      45# @ 28", 60"
      Easton Axis Traditional 400's with 125gr Steelforce broadhead

Got a new string for it a week ago and have been getting it settled in and tuned up the last few evenings. I think it's good to go!

Going to shoot 1 arrow a day now to focus on shooting 1 perfect arrow in prep for the hunt.

Palmers have a great reputation.
      Good luck with your first trad kill.

Comment

62" Bob Lee BlackHawk 40#@ 28 so probably 45ish at my draw. Day 6 HD 400's with a 100gr outsert and 175gr Day6 heads. After seeing y'all's pics there's no way I'm posting pics of my groups but we're in the lungs at 20... Usually lol. I've been shooting a bow since '96 and toyed around with a borrowed long bow last year and caught the bug. I'll be in a tree in Oklahoma on Sunday morning. Anything with a pulse is a target!

Comment

I will be taking this longbow that I built for myself to the prom.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pretty bow.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Horn Chaser,
              Great job on great bow.
              What woods?

Comment

The riser is Dyed brown California buckeye burl and epoxy with G10 I beam. It has a foam core with carbon weave on the back and myrtle veneers on the belly.

Comment

Wow! Fine looking stick Horn Chaser!!!!!!

3 days away, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

60” Primal Tech recurve. 47.5#@28”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang that's a purty girl on your arm.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                        60” Primal Tech recurve. 47.5#@28”

Showoff!

I tell you what fellas, I'm going stir crazy today. Really ready to get some blood on this Talltines. I almost had a crack at a rabbit the other day while out scouting, but I want some deer meat!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                          62" Bob Lee BlackHawk 40#@ 28 so probably 45ish at my draw. Day 6 HD 400's with a 100gr outsert and 175gr Day6 heads. After seeing y'all's pics there's no way I'm posting pics of my groups but we're in the lungs at 20... Usually lol. I've been shooting a bow since '96 and toyed around with a borrowed long bow last year and caught the bug. I'll be in a tree in Oklahoma on Sunday morning. Anything with a pulse is a target!

I went to Gateway this morning and shot for a while. It's starting to come together.

Comment

Palmer Traditional Slam 50@28

Comment

When I get to go it will be my basic Galaxy Sage 40@28 with BlackEagle vintage 600 shafts and 150 grain Muzzy head.

Comment

My OG bow that showed me how to dance.
                                Sarrels 53#@28 60” Lynx recurve Ambidextrous shelved for LH and RH shooting.
                                Shooting 691gn Beman Centershots 400s tipped with VPA 3 blade 300 gn.

My main killer Blueridge’s string is unraveling and I didnt notice it until yesterday, upon the serving started unraveling. Same thing happened to my OGs string early summer, I didnt notice and the string completely popped. Lesson learned to reserve more than never as to inspect the hidden string damage under the serving.

I hope nobody cares when OG and I start the chicken dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X