No announcement yet.

Amost there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not worried about paying off all of my debt, my kids can take care it it lol, congrats on almost being completely debt free, has to feel really good.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
      Heck yea bud-you are buying first round next time
      You call one up and I'll buy you one!

Thanks everyone. I've got about one more year of working (if they don't close the doors before then) and having no debt will be a great thing.

Comment

Congrats. I did mine backwards. Got the house paid and my truck paid, now still have 7k in cc debt and 10k on a vehicle loan. But getting there. And I agree, taxes blow.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

My wife and I went to only cash, check, or debit card about ten years ago. Well, she did. I had been for about fifteen before that. We have two vehicle payments and I have less than half to pay on my new 3/4 ton. We own our house, barns and land free and clear. It’s a real good feeling to be completely on the positive and only the basics to pay. I truly believe if most people in this country would do this we’d be better off as a whole.

Comment

Sounds like you are buying the first round at our next HH! By the way we are overdue. Where's perow?

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                Heck yea bud-you are buying first round next time
                Didn't even see your post but great minds think alike! We are overdue for one.

Comment

In 9 months I’ll high five your I’m debt free post.

Comment

Congratulations! It's a great feeling not having to worry about how much you have in your account each month..
                    I still use a credit card but I put everything on it we buy and pay it off each month..

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Sounds like you are buying the first round at our next HH! By the way we are overdue. Where's perow?
                      Y'all get one set up and I'll durn sure buy y'all a beer!

Comment

Good on you

Comment

Which drawer will you be putting all that money into? I'm only slightly joking here. You are about to go from every dollar has a purpose to what do we do with all this money. We put our spare money to work and now have three more houses throwing rent money onto the pile. Don't let it rest. Stagnant money doesn't help anyone.

Comment

20 years ago I made a plan to be 100% debt free at 65. Ok I missed by 2 months but got there. So at 65 and 2 months old:
                            1800 mo house note gone
                            1500 mo blue cross blue shield gone
                            500 mo credit card interest gone
                            700 mo car payment gone
                            AND social security started sending me checks

I still have a job. What do I do with the money?

Well we saved it and watched an account grow. Finally decided to spend a bit of it and bought 2 new cars.
                            Next month my wife moves to Medicare and another 1300 a month stays home.

Go Randy go...

Comment

If you have a legit job your SS check will be hit if you make over a certain amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                                If you have a legit job your SS check will be hit if you make over a certain amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Not if your a certain age it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X