No announcement yet.

Too Many Pigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use 16' hog panels at 34", and build frames at 40" tall. For the frames we use 5/8" square tubing and center the panels in the middle of the frame, with a few inches on top and a few inches on bottom. We also put a brace in the middle of the frame to have something to tack weld the middle of the panel. Using the hog panels are easier on the check book and square tubing is pretty inexpensive, I got mine for $8 dollars a 24' stalk, and once tacked up, they are very sturdy.

here is a pic, if you can see them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	feedpen (Small).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	23815157

Name:	Feeder pen (Custom).JPG
Views:	2
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	23815158

Comment

Oh yeah, I have mine pen built with 9 panels, and the deer don't have any problems getting into it.

Comment

If cows aren't a problem, I like the 3' panels.
        Used 11 panels on mine, wish it was a little bigger.
        If we didn't have pens, deer wouldn't bother, pigs would eat it all.
        Lay the panels in a circle, zip tie them together and stand them up, drive your posts last.
        Good luck and bring us pics when you get it finished.

Name:	Pen-Feb4.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	23815162

Comment

We don't know when they are hitting because we have yet to put out a cam but I think that we are now going to have to buy one now.
          Luckily we don't have any more cows in the area, so that headache is over, now it is just the piggies. I would love for ya'll to come up but unfortunatley it is not my property it's my buddies so I really have no say

Comment

Working...
          X