Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same on our lease in Newton.

Comment

Still slow at my lease. I’ve hunted my same two spots as last year and all season have seen 4 deer. Last year was just the opposite. I seen deer in these two areas nearly every hunt. I don’t even have any pics of deer and haven’t had any for over a month. Very strange.

Comment

Im done for the year, havent hunted since Thanksgiving

Comment

Well, the season ended as a success. Most members opted to wait on a big buck and several were seen. A few deer were taken. I think it was the best year for buck sightings since I have been on that lease.

Comment

We had a solid year. Protein program is working and we saw more mass on our herd than ever. Only 4 buck tags left, much better than last season.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoootLow View Post
              We had a solid year. Protein program is working and we saw more mass on our herd than ever. Only 4 buck tags left, much better than last season.
              How many years have y'all fed protein?

Comment

I’m still at it, with the muzzleloader, trying to get one more for the freezer. At this point it doesn’t matter any legal buck or doe.

Comment

Well thank yall for posting on this thread, I appreciate it.

Thanx, Calvin

Comment

We didn't take a single deer off our Newton lease, passed some spikes and a few 4 year old bucks. We didn't shoot any doe because they were MIA most of the season and we weren't sure if they needed a few years to get reestablished. I don't see many fawns but with the amount of young bucks we have our recruitment numbers have to be good.

Comment

I think we took 3 deer and a couple of pigs. The members saw several big bucks. One guy said he saw one that was the biggest he had seen in SETx.

Comment

Killed a doe. Second season chasing a particular 8-Point and he outsmarted me again. I did get a lot more data from him this year so Lord willing, next season will happen.

Comment

I have several theories about why we had such a slow year on my lease. The biggest one is for whatever reason we did not get the usual amount of rainfall and our lease was unusually dry in areas that would normally have standing water. That kept the acorns on the ground from rotting. That coupled with one of the warmest December’s ever which had everything staying green and growing kept the deer from hitting the corn as hard as they usually do, whether it was from a feeder or hand thrown.
                          No statistical data to back that up just an observation on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Well thank yall for posting on this thread, I appreciate it.

Thanx, Calvin
                            And thank you sir for starting this thread.

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X