Biggest I've ever passed. (Score)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You made the right choice for you.

We had a SIL of a hunter take out our pet trailer/ back yard deer a couple of weeks ago. The story of the stalk was awesome! You could walk to 10ft and toss him corn.

Hard to get everyone on the same page!

Comment

I was gonna guess right at 150. So I guess I would have over shot him a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
        Well, another lease member killed him this morning. No more wondering what he scores. They scored him at 146 6/8 155lbs.
        Had I seen him first he would have never gotten the chance!!!!!!!
        Exactly because of stuff like this. Post #8!!!!!!
        Last edited by PondPopper; 11-29-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Bummer for you.

Congrats to the shooter.

It’d be nice if lease members were on the same page. Oh well…

Comment

****, thats a kick in the nuts when another lease member takes em. Very nice deer, especially for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              You made the right choice for you.

We had a SIL of a hunter take out our pet trailer/ back yard deer a couple of weeks ago. The story of the stalk was awesome! You could walk to 10ft and toss him corn.

Hard to get everyone on the same page!

Now that is a pisser. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the only way to grow big deer is to let them walk.....takes a total buy in of all members.
                trust me (from a guy that hunted the La Escalera which i considered one of the premier ranches in North Texas (Baylor County). I wouldn't disclose it now, however after having the pleasure to hunt it for 10 years i finally get to pass along my thoughts because the ranch was purchased by the Wagoner Group across the highway and of course we got the boot.... let um grow up

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                  Yes, knowing he was going to die within a week, I wish I would have shot him. Everyone on the lease isn't on the same page for deer management. It wasn't shot as a mistake either.

It would have been my biggest bow kill by 20".

Have to try and grow a new one now.
                  Well that mystery lasted about one week, sorry you did not get a chance at this nice buck. You have a great attitude about your decision, and good luck with another one.

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

145 all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the only way to grow big deer is to let them walk.....takes a total buy in of all members.
                        trust me (from a guy that hunted the La Escalera which i considered one of the premier ranches in North Texas (Baylor County). I wouldn't disclose it now, however after having the pleasure to hunt it for 10 years i finally get to pass along my thoughts because the ranch was purchased by the Wagoner Group across the highway and of course we got the boot.... let um grow up

Comment

Your lease members need to get on the same page. That sucks for you. It makes you want to kill every 3 year old you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I came up with 146 and 5 years old. Was I right ??
                            Little off on the score and who knows on the age (unless I missed it)

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Working...
                              X