No announcement yet.

Tooth Age Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I saw the pics of the buck I was going to say 3. After seeing the buck I still say 3. Nice 3 year old.

Comment

He looks like a 3/4 yr old I don’t believe you can tell by teeth. Models don’t tell what the deer was foraging on in your area. In east Texas, 2 yr old spikes have no teeth from all the pea gravel.

Comment

Hes probably 4 1/2. He has 4 good points on each side and a little almost point. I'm point aging instead of tooth aging now. Seems more accurate
        Last edited by GarGuy; 11-25-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Hes probably 4 1/2. He has 4 good points on each side and a little almost point. I'm point aging instead of tooth aging now. Seems more accurate
          That might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen you post!

Comment

Based on the pics of the deer he's a youngster.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              That might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen you post!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Bwahahahaha

Comment

I have always counted the creases in the fat rolls between their ears and their head. That is what tells you their age.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I have always counted the creases in the fat rolls between their ears and their head. That is what tells you their age.
                    I mean, that works if you can't find their poop. Pills clump together after 3 years old. 4 pills 4yr old. 5pills 5yr old. etc if its just a big wad, his prostate is so enlarged, that he must be way post mature.

Not exact but still way closer than tooth aging.
                    Last edited by GarGuy; 11-26-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                      Somehow I only see that guy on teeth aging threads.
                      Nah, I'm around here and there.

Comment

The teeth show at least 3, if not 4. Definitely NOT 2.

Dentine on #4 not as wide or wider than enamel that surrounds it, so teeth say 2 yrs. An argument could be made that dentine on #4 is as wide, thus 3 yrs. Maybe a judgement call, I'd go along with that.

What criteria are you seeing that would qualify as 4 yrs?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                          Dentine on #4 not as wide or wider than enamel that surrounds it, so teeth say 2 yrs. An argument could be made that dentine on #4 is as wide, thus 3 yrs. Maybe a judgement call, I'd go along with that.

What criteria are you seeing that would qualify as 4 yrs?
                          What I see is that the dentine is wider than the enamel on #4 ( 3 yr old) and some would argue the same for #5 (4 yr old).

Comment

What I see is that the dentine is wider than the enamel on #4 ( 3 yr old) and some would argue the same for #5 (4 yr old).
                            Ah! I think I see. The criteria is based on the crests on the tongue side (lingual), not the cheek side.

Comment

TTT for Love

Comment

teeth show 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X