Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still have the antlers from you first buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got mine. Been meaning to put them on a board. Somehow my parents didnt take a single picture lol. I was 7 years old. Scope popped me right on my eyebrow. I called him a 7 point, but looking at it now he's only a 3.

Comment

Heck yeah.
      I paid to have a baby 6 point full shoulder mounted.
      I had looked forward to it my whole life and didn’t get my first deer (either sex) till I was 35 years old. He needs dusting apparently.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	C2483B4A-5536-45B2-90BC-BC4AB371C3D9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	24580145

Comment

Sure do! Not my biggest, but I like having them.

Comment

The skullcap is screwed to the wall in my parents garage. I need to put them on a plaque and save em.

Comment

I have half of mine from 1986. A buddy and I had just walked back from the morning hunt and as we were talking about our hunt I saw a deer cross the dirt driveway in front of the cabin. I grabbed my shotgun loaded with #1 buckshot and as he stepped out I shot and he dropped. One BB hit just below the base of the left antler. My tag is still tied to it with 20# test monofilament.
            The skull cap and right antler got thrown out of the garage by my mom because it started to stink and she threw it in the yard. I was ******.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9684.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24580153

Yep, killed in Florence 12/31/04. He’d been coming to my dads stand every day except when we got the go ahead for him to be my first deer. Slept in one morning and low and behold he showed up behind the house where we would feed. Had to stand in the recliner to see out of the window and shot him with my dads 22-250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2.5 year old eight point that would have been somebody in a few more years. Got it shoulder mounted and is in a not so prominent position in my office. Still remember the excitement. Wasn't sure I had hit him so I waited about 60 seconds before I went looking. Fortunately he was down where I shot him but still kicking so I shot him again. My SIL at the time skinned him out for me - I was about 40 years old and as happy as a kid at Christmas. That ******* divorced my daughter but I'll always give him props for taking me hunting.

Comment

Mine ended up in the yard and I had a sick feeling when the lawnmower ran over it

Comment

Working...
                  X