Hunting Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Arrows

What arrows do y’all hunt with? Going to be purchasing new ones soon. Current arrows are Beman ICS Patriot (hunter), looking to upgrade a bit.

Also what % FOC are y’alls arrows? I’m currently at 11.4% but wanting to be around 16% with the new arrows.

I use 350 Carbon Express Maxima Hunters with 125 Gr broad heads. Not sure of my FOC

Comment

I have Black Eagle Rampage, they are micro diameter shafts. I shoot a 300 spine that is 27.5 inches from nock throat to end of carbon. These arrows have "half-out" inserts that are 51 grains of stainless steel that they come with (I broadhead spin tune and mark the inserts for perfect flight before gluing) . I am shooting 125 grain tips. My total FOC for this arrow set up is 16.94%

Comment

FMJ.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
          What arrows do y’all hunt with? Going to be purchasing new ones soon. Current arrows are Beman ICS Patriot (hunter), looking to upgrade a bit.

Also what % FOC are y’alls arrows? I’m currently at 11.4% but wanting to be around 16% with the new arrows.
          Your shooting a good arrow and I don't think your going to find much of a upgrade. If you just want to try something new, buy a few different brands and play around. Personally I shoot bloodsport and axis. I've shot everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
            Your shooting a good arrow and I don't think your going to find much of a upgrade. If you just want to try something new, buy a few different brands and play around. Personally I shoot bloodsport and axis. I've shot everything.
            I like the arrows I have for the most part. Big reason for upgrading is to gain FOC

Comment

You're shooting now what I shoot.

Comment

Easton axis. Don’t really care about foc cause it kills. Contact muddyfuzzy on here and he will get you fixed up with some black eagles and whatever foc you want

Comment

I like the arrows I have for the most part. Big reason for upgrading is to gain FOC
                  What grain point are you shooting? If your shooting 100 or 125g your fine. I shoot 28" 350 bloodsports and 340 5mm axis with 100g point. I've never weighed my arrow for front of center and I try not to over think it.

Comment

Hunting Arrows

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    Easton axis. Don’t really care about foc cause it kills. Contact muddyfuzzy on here and he will get you fixed up with some black eagles and whatever foc you want

I’d rather have someone teach me how to properly set it up, rather than pay someone to do it for me.
                    Not sure if that is something muddyfuzzy would do or where he is located for that matter. I have read several posts of his, and he appears to be a FOC guru, along with Rat and a couple others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by marshhunter; 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Easton Axis 340's , 5mm with Fixed blade BH's. Switched over from normal diameter and expandable BH's last season after I put a shot on a spike buck and only got 1-2 inches of penetration. Hopefully the new set up will punch right through. I think my FOC was at around 7% initially, but is now over 10%.

Comment

CE Maxima Red SD, or FMJ

Comment

I’m a FMJ guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easton axis since they came on the market,,, never found anything I needed the fmj for

Comment

Black Eagle Carnivores. 28" long w/3, 2" Blazers. 150 extra grains up front for an FOC of 19%+ at 595 grains. 125 grain Ramcat is my go to head!

Comment

Working...
                              X