Mouse Prevention tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Prevention tips?

Does anyone have any pro tips? I have heard about fox urine around the house don’t know if that’s just bs. But obviously traps inside and out and pellets.

Reason I’m asking is I just saw one scurry across the kitchen and haven’t really ever had mice issues. Except one time in my dads attic and I just shot them with a pellet gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppermint oil and water in a spray bottle worked at the lease. We put Irish Spring soap bars in the AC vents that are in the floor of the mobile home. These smell good too.
    And Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      Peppermint oil and water in a spray bottle worked at the lease. We put Irish Spring soap bars in the AC vents that are in the floor of the mobile home. These smell good too.
      And Cats!

What ratio do you mix the spray?

Comment

I’ve always used “Just one bite” bars. I’ve had very good luck at deer leases with these

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
          I’ve always used “Just one bite” bars. I’ve had very good luck at deer leases with these
          Yep I did this at the house/shop I was overrun with big rats after getting chickens..I guess they love chicken feed

They were all dead in a week...smelly but dead

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
            What ratio do you mix the spray?

Dont really have a ratio. Found the peppermint oil on eBay. Just poured some in the bottle and added water. Started spraying it around all the base boards. Repeat it every chance you get. If you can find the holes they are coming in at. Use steel wool or cotton balls sprayed with peppermint solution and stuff in the holes.

Comment

Skip all the home remedies and go straight for the electronic high-frequency emitters.

Comment

Sticky traps work great at my place. Sometimes the green bait is left untouched. But the sticky traps always have 3-4 stuck to them. Plus I like that they die right there and not in the walls.

Comment

cats!!!

Comment

electric traps are great. they fry the little mice and don't make a mess. You probably don't have a big mouse problem just need to kill the couple that got in. From there figure out how they got in and try to patch that up if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      Skip all the home remedies and go straight for the electronic high-frequency emitters.
                      This rt here. One thing I learned at the lease was to leave drawers and cabinets open when I leave. The sound travels better inside their “homes” that way.

Comment

I have to keep Moth Balls in and around my mower wires. They come in a mesh bag now and it makes it easier to shove them in all the openings and behind the gas tank! Or they will eat the wires!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          cats!!!
                          Agreed. Used to get attic mice and garage mice every fall and winter. Got a cat and haven’t had any mice in the house or garage since. I now keep deer corn in the garage and still no mice. I tried regular traps, glue traps, and poison before. Always got a few, but never complete eradication. With the cat, we have had zero. I know they are around, b/c the car will either bring dead ones to the back patio, or eat them and leave the head and tail on the patio.
                          Last edited by Bigfootwolff; 11-09-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Barn cat

Comment

First year with a trailer at my new lease and I've been using Peppermint oil on cotton balls scattered around the trailer. Actually keeps trailer smelling good and haven't seen any mice signs yet. Don't know if I would have had nice issues, but so far so good. Don't know if it helps but I also scattered moth balls underneath the trailer as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X