No announcement yet.

2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go for drawn doe tags for general season. I didn't shoot a doe during archery even though I had a 7 yard opportunity. The two yearlings with her helped me decide. If that had been a couple months later I would have probably felt differently.

Comment

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Make it all archery hunting only and open the entire season to antlered and antlerless, no firearms except for shot no larger than #4, just like COE.
        Love this! Would lower the hunting pressure a ton as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Make it all archery hunting only and open the entire season to antlered and antlerless, no firearms except for shot no larger than #4, just like COE.
          Sure wish they would do this on lake Waco too, actually can't believe they haven't yet.

Comment

Heck, just glad I finally made a recommendation that a fair amount agree with!

Comment

Yah, who needs guns of any type anyway? It's just one more for the anti groups.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I don’t know what area this stone is in. It’s north of Blackcreek Lake just across the fence. I just noticed he was a Mason.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	25648CB8-CAAB-4CD4-871B-3934A9A07895.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	24567058
                Last edited by oktx; 01-08-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  I don’t know what area this stone is in. It’s north of Blackcreek Lake just across the fence. I just noticed he was a Mason.
                  [ATTACH]941074[/ATTACH]
                  I believe that one is just after you leave 47 and move into the south end of 31. There are several grave stone scattered throughout the grasslands.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                    I believe that one is just after you leave 47 and move into the south end of 31. There are several grave stone scattered throughout the grasslands.
                    I don’t hunt out there. I work in the area. I think they are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                      There's another lone gravestone in Unit 4. There's also a small graveyard that's hard to find behind Rhodes Lake. We helped install the historical marker about 15 years ago.

Comment

Small grave yard on unit one also

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          There's another lone gravestone in Unit 4. There's also a small graveyard that's hard to find behind Rhodes Lake. We helped install the historical marker about 15 years ago.
                          I believe there is another on the north end of 31 as well.

Comment

That's what happened to all the bucks; ghosts running them onto private out there...

Comment

Originally posted by game stalker View Post
                              Small grave yard on unit one also
                              I had forgot about that one. Makes you wonder how many folks are buried out there? Lots of old home places that were settled soon after the Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                [ATTACH]941074[/ATTACH]
                                That’s the headstone off of CR 2560, just north of cottonwood lake. It’s a lot easier to see now that they mulched that area last summer.
                                Last edited by Ironman; 01-10-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X