No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Barton Creek Habitat Preserve next week with my 8yr old son. Anyone ever hunted this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      Any of you guys interested in bringing a kid to Hunt County on Thanksgiving weekend for a doe hunt?

I have 50 acres with a Redneck soft side blind and feeder set at 22y, it's overlooking a food plot with a shot out to about 75-100y.

I have 1 other TBH'er in line that is trying to set it up but if he can't make it I'd like for someone to be able to bring a kid out.

I will most likely be out of town that weekend so it will be on the honor system Although I have a couple of nosey neighbors that watch the place

DOE ONLY, NO BUCKS, and we may be able work it where you can go multiple days.

South Hunt County around the lake. There are no hogs.

Let me know

Man, that is one heck of a gesture! Would love to take you up on it but we'll be heading to Louisiana for Thanksgiving to see the in-laws.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
        Man, that is one heck of a gesture! Would love to take you up on it but we'll be heading to Louisiana for Thanksgiving to see the in-laws.
        good luck. I met a TBH'er out there yesterday, hoping he and his kids can remove some deer next week.

Comment

Buddy and I got drawn for Lower Rio Grande NWR - East Lake. Nilgai hunt. Anyone have any intel on what licenses we need? Everything I read online is confusing as always when it surrounds TPWD guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
            Buddy and I got drawn for Lower Rio Grande NWR - East Lake. Nilgai hunt. Anyone have any intel on what licenses we need? Everything I read online is confusing as always when it surrounds TPWD guidelines.
            The only license you need is your hunting license. Of course you will need your draw permit on your person while hunting as well. Nilgai are an exotic species in Texas.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
              The only license you need is your hunting license. Of course you will need your draw permit on your person while hunting as well. Nilgai are an exotic species in Texas.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Okay. Thank you very much for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Getting everything in line for my sons youth hunt at Colorado Bend State park in a couple of weeks and had a question on the orange hat.

Does it need/have to be a solid orange hat? I have a orange fronted hat with white mesh back from a pheasant hunt a couple of years ago and curious if that will work (along with an orange vest).

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                  Getting everything in line for my sons youth hunt at Colorado Bend State park in a couple of weeks and had a question on the orange hat.

Does it need/have to be a solid orange hat? I have a orange fronted hat with white mesh back from a pheasant hunt a couple of years ago and curious if that will work (along with an orange vest).

Thanks in advance.

I would say no. Should be visible orange from all sides. But that's not from the rule book. FWIW

Comment

Did anyone have any kids on the South Llano River SP hunt last week? Just curious on any results. My son will be on the one Jan 2-4.

Comment

Anyone do the Lake Whitney State Park hunt yet? Headed there tomorrow for anterless/spike muzzleloader with my son.

Comment

I called to see about a stand by hunt and couldn't reach anyone

Comment

Choke Canyon North Shore E-Postcard hunt

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                          Got drawn for the E-postcard Feral Hog at Choke Canyon in February. Anybody here done that hunt before? I’m puzzled about why it’s boat-access only, when the deer hunts there in November aren’t.
                          Due to the length of the hunt access to the road over the dam is closed.

Comment

Access to Choke Canyon North Shore

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            I thought all the North Shore units were supposed to be boat only as that's the only way to access the unit. I am not sure why the deer hunts in that unit are not listed as boat only as well. Maybe they are shuttling people over? Might be a bunch of angry deer hunters when they show up and can't get out to the unit they got drawn for.
                            Nope, the only hunt that cant use the road over the dam is the E-postcard hunt.

Comment

well i got drawn for the keechi creek wma duck hunt for the last weekend of the season i'm excited about that. Anyone have any experience or knowledge they can share?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                                well i got drawn for the keechi creek wma duck hunt for the last weekend of the season i'm excited about that. Anyone have any experience or knowledge they can share?
                                I was just there last couple days squirrel hunting. You should do well. There is lots of flooded timber and ducks. Lots of woodies! Its a very nice property! I hadn't squirrel hunted in years but had a great time stomping around out there!

Send me a PM if you have any more questions i might can answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X