No announcement yet.

Here y’all go...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can “find” sheet metal all day long... it’s just “do you want to pay for it?!!”. 16 ga. is over $75 a sheet right now at some places. !!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Progress with the pics for sure! I just hope those dirt dobber welds hold [emoji23][emoji23]

Shots fired! I repeat, shots fired! Lol
      If I was him I’d come weld your gate shut...I mean...scheduled maintenance [emoji28]

Comment

Hmmmm, Backwoods... I’ll keep that in mind.

Comment

Tops cut, and tacked in place. Now to stitch up the seams. Can’t be having any moisture get on that hi dollar protein!
          Attached Files

Comment

Last one! Then they get sewed over their respective holes in the hopper. May do lid hardware next, or these, or... may just go in and hit the recliner! 😜 Thanks for following brothers! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Attached Files

Comment

Man....that’s some fine photography work right there. 👏👏 Welds are decent too. 😛

Comment

Keep it down in the peanut gallery... 🙄😜

Comment

Forgot the closeup of the feed chute last night. 👍🏼
                  Attached Files

Comment

What method are you welding that with? Your last picture looked like you were fussing it together. I’ve been sheltered for the last 20+ years...all we did was TIG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Backwoods, I’m just melting the seams together with oxy-acetylene. I could use my tig, but I can do it just as fast with this, plus this way I don’t have to sand off the mill scale on the sheet metal. The oxy-acetylene will just burn it out and leave a good weld without pre-sanding, where my tig will sometimes leave some pinholes cuz of the scale. Clear as mud, I’m sure! I’m not the best “explainer” sometimes! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                      Last edited by spidermonkey; 03-08-2021, 06:47 AM. Reason: Dummy

Comment

Same old school redneck method I used on Joel’s control box for his automatic gate opener. Seems like I spend half my life weld prepping, so this is just a way for me to be lazy and not do it I guess. 😜👍🏼

Comment

Awwww, thanks for the splaining. Looking good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FINALLY was able to get back on it, and show a little progress! Hinges, lid opener handle, and stiffeners. Have short sections of air hose to slide over rebar handles after I paint it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Chain stop welded in...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Chutes tacked and squared. All that’s left is cut/bend/weld in internal diverters, some type of “door closed” latch, feed stop “lips” on chutes, and weld up chute seams solid. 😜👍🏼 Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X