No announcement yet.

Scam call from Apple 🍎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily I either saw this, and or had heard about it, bc shortly after I got a call with caller ID showing "Apple"...I didn't answer.

Comment

I get emails daily say my Apple account has been compromised and to login and reset. Funny thing is I don't have an Apple account.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
        I get emails all the time that look like they are coming from Apple stating my account has been frozen until I contact them. Never have contacted them and still no issues. Lots of scammers out there.

I have been getting them from Apple and a bunch from amazon saying the same thing . I just delete them .
        I have also changed my phone settings if I don’t have the number in my phone book it won’t ring sends it right to voicemail.

Comment

If you have the time I suggest to use up as much of their time and about the time they start to wise up give them a good cursing and watch them really come unhinged

Comment

My wife got a call claiming to be social security saying her number has been compromised and wanted to verify some information. She hung up but some our friends said they got the same call.

Comment

I've got several emails from Apple about locked id. Deleted them. I opened up a Amazon but my computer shield blocked it as a trojan. Dam crooks, no harm done but now getting a ton of scam calls like everyone else.

Comment

Thank goodness I have an android lol. I get 2-3 calls a day from people wanting to make cash offers on my property. That replaced the extended warranty, IRS, and SS calls from last year.

Comment

If I get an email that looks legit and can/can’t see from the return email if it is or not, I don’t follow the link but login to the known website account to see if there is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get the Apple ones all the time, just delete them. Today, I received one from Amazon. Logo was blurry, and email was poorly set up. Thank I about 2 seconds to realize it was a scam. Have t be cautious about anything any more.

Comment

Got one from Social Security today. I pressed 1 and got Sherman (probably Abdul). Anyway I played along in my best Forest Gump voice til he finally caught on and said f*** you and hung up!

Trailboss

Comment

Good thing I’m deaf, so I don’t ever answer phone calls.

But yes, I still get phone calls. And I bet most of them are scammers. So too bad for them, I just let them ring.

While on the other hand I do get plenty of emails. So don’t really check them either.

Comment

Originally posted by ReidJustin
                          I never answer calls I don't know (that is, if I see a number I don't know, I always ignore it). I know a lot of scams, so it pays to be extra careful every time you get a call. Of course, it's not right to just skip calls, so I control who calls me (namely, I check the numbers at https://www.livesupportrhino.com/, and if they are familiar to me or don't have spam in them, I call back). I think it's about time everyone had this servuis with them so they don't run the risk of being scammed. It is really important
                          Not right to skip calls ? Last time I looked, it’s my phone and I pay the bill so I guess I’ll skip all the calls I want. Your link is probably a **** scam

Comment

They have been leaving messages on my phone from Apples scammers as well.

Comment

Scammers keep contacting us because their thieving scamming works often enough to make them money. I believe most on TBH know what to watch out for, but not all folks are wise to how these scamming devils steal money. It could be age, lack of computer expertise, too much trust, etc. but some folks are just not prepared to deal with these internet thieves. Pass information in these posts along to those in your family, friends, neighbors, etc. who you think might be a prime victim, and you might help keep them from losing money.

Comment

If they aren’t in my contacts I don’t answer. They can leave a message if they wanna talk to me that bad

Comment

Working...
                                X