Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please report back and let us know.

Comment

Crap I just asked for these for Christmas. The one I do have works great with no cage. All other feeders have cage.

Comment

If it works fine on feeders without a cage, then you probably have a Faraday cage situation. Cages can block electromagnetic fields (radio waves too). If you can find a way to extend the antenna past the cage, it will likely work fine. Might be able to just extend the wiring and put the unit with the antenna oustide the box, where the antenna is able to extend out of the cage.

Comment

Yes please update on this. Do yo know if the threads on these are the same. My only fear with extending the antenna is that the dang coons will tear it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
            If it works fine on feeders without a cage, then you probably have a Faraday cage situation. Cages can block electromagnetic fields (radio waves too). If you can find a way to extend the antenna past the cage, it will likely work fine. Might be able to just extend the wiring and put the unit with the antenna oustide the box, where the antenna is able to extend out of the cage.
            I agree this is the problem and fix. I just need to figure out best way to do it and still keep coons from getting to extended wiring.

Comment

I had the same problem with mine. Worked great up close, but was intermittent after 75 yards. I had mine coming out our the side on my stand and fill. They told me the antenna needed to be up or down....and the remote needed to be up or down with a clear view of the feeder.

We don't have any deer on the lease I'm on now, so I never hooked it up again to see if it helped.

Comment

Most likely the antenna wire has broken loose inside the receiver. Might be able to solder it back in place.
                We have one that’s doing the same. I can push the wire in the box firmly and it works. Let it dangle and works at 15 yds and in only.
                Will be soldering this weekend.

Comment

Just as something else to check, make sure the remote battery is good and strong. If mine isn’t reaching from the rifle blind 100 yards away changing the battery in the remote has always fixed it.

Now it does seem like the stand and fills are a different issue. Mine are on 1000# Lamcos.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                    Just as something else to check, make sure the remote battery is good and strong. If mine isn’t reaching from the rifle blind 100 yards away changing the battery in the remote has always fixed it.

Now it does seem like the stand and fills are a different issue. Mine are on 1000# Lamcos.
                    This is what I thought originally. I tried new battery and even tried a different remote. same result

Comment

If I recollect correctly, when Sneaky Feed was out, I had the same issues. Talked to a tech and he said that the antenna needs to be vertical. The signal emits from side of the antenna, not the tip, so to speak. Cant tell the pic how its set up. Also the cage creates blank spots in the waves. You might could adjust your feeder to where one of the openings is inline with antenna and stand. Not sure how much of any of this is factual. Sneaky Feed went by the wayside before I could confirm.

Comment

Here’s what I did as a test, and it worked great. Now I need to figure out a way to do it where coons can’t get to it

Comment

Here’s a close up

Comment

Can someone explain the benefits of a remote setup? I don't understand the need.....

If you have a timer running the feeder everyday, it will go off when you hunt as well. Is this just for sound to "ring the dinner bell" if nothing is around? Or if they are eating corn too fast?

Comment

So you can make it go off anytime. Sometimes I get to the blind really early in the afternoons and I can set it off once I’m settled in. Also my deer can clean the corn up really fast sometimes and I can keep them around with the push of a button

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
                                Can someone explain the benefits of a remote setup? I don't understand the need.....

If you have a timer running the feeder everyday, it will go off when you hunt as well. Is this just for sound to "ring the dinner bell" if nothing is around? Or if they are eating corn too fast?

I’ve had deer eat for a while then jump out of the pen w/o giving me a shot. Hit the remote and it sucks them back in.

Comment

Working...
                                X