No announcement yet.

Acorns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t seen any till last weekend in bastrop/lee county. They are flippin everywhere, even got in my ground blind somehow. Scared me every single time one would fall on top of the roof

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      It has a smell of apple

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
      If it's red apple you've ruined your season. They only come to green apple corn.

Comment

I was thinking about taking my corn back to Lyssy and Eckel, I bet it is stale.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          I was thinking about taking my corn back to Lyssy and Eckel, I bet it is stale.
          LOL stale protein

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what I'm dealing with. Deer only need one or 2 and full for weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a few
              Attached Files

Comment

We had NOTHING at the feeders in Eastland Co. not even pigs. The guys I've talked to and are getting some success have made ground blinds and hunted the trails. We need a four day hard freeze to sour up the acorns, but I don't see that coming anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  This is what I'm dealing with. Deer only need one or 2 and full for weeks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  that looks like a mini pumpkin.

Comment

Yep

Comment

I've thought about trying some rattling to bring them out since they're not coming to corn. Is it getting too late in the season for rattling in the hill country?

Comment

In Menard they are chasing hard and acorns are everywhere at our place.

Comment

We are covered up with acorns on our place in Brown County. 2 weeks ago I had bucks walk right past corn on the ground with no interest at all. Going back next week end but hearing it is still pretty much the same right now.

Comment

I think acorns are extinct in my area. Can't beat the deer away from my corn but I don't use that ok apple junk. Vanilla for me. May be you should be a PRO and try that Mr snowflakekilla. Geez

Comment

Apparently all year long where I'm hunting....

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                                I've thought about trying some rattling to bring them out since they're not coming to corn. Is it getting too late in the season for rattling in the hill country?
                                Not at all, once the does are out of season the bucks will still be on the prowl. I had a 6 year old buck 100 yards from me a couple of weeks ago that wouldn't leave the lying down doe for horns or grunt, never even looked my way.

Comment

Working...
                                X