Bulldog breeder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulldog breeder.

Does anyone here know a or recommend a reputable English bulldog breeder.

Bullydog????

Comment

I know this family really well. They are great, honest people.

ENGLISH/FRENCH BULLDOGS BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOGS YORKSHIRE TERRIERS KING CHARLES CAVALIERS COCKER SPANIELS POODLES/DOODLES COTRALIANS

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
        Having bred and raised these dogs for the last 12 years......I’ll tell you to find someone who is not a “breeder” as far as numbers/volume. You want someone who has a good family dog that comes from good bloodlines. They have decided to have 1-2 litters and that’s all and done. Put your name on a list if you have to. Travel to the location and view both the male and female if they are both on site. At minimum, view the female. Stay away from “excessive” characteristics. Super short legs. Super smashed face. Excessive head wrinkles. Hug pot bellies. When viewing the female/male, If they can’t walk around the yard without excessively loud breathing/nasal noises, stay away from them. If their mouth is constantly open even when sitting, stay away. Check their paws. All 4 paws should face forward perfectly. If any of them cant outwards, especially the rear, stay away. Take a look at the tail. If it is a screw tail, Is it screwing in or out? If it goes in, it will be a constant hassle and infection. If the parents, especially the male, isn’t active and able to move about in a gear other than snail, choose wisely.

They can require a lot of vet care if you get a bad dog. However if you get a good one, it’s not too bad at all. I’m sure you know but they are extremely heat sensitive. They are NOT outside dogs. Especially in Texas. They go out to do their business and that’s it. I’ll be happy to help any way I can if you have additional questions.

*****Also, get a basic color dog that is true to the breed standard. All these “tri color” dogs that have popped up in the last 5-7 years are not true to standard. They have been selectively bred over and over to get these color combos. If someone is asking more than $2000-$2500 for a pup, they need to have a parent (not grandparents) that is a proven show winner. Lots of great pups out there for $1500-$2000.
        Last edited by Trevor73402; 12-04-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

No offense, but I am no fan of Bulldogs.

I was hoping Bevo would stomp one last year.

I hope a Tiger gets him Saturday.

Athens is ate up with those things.
          Attached Files

Comment

My wife is the one that wants one. She works for Navarro College and that is their mascot

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
              There's no such thing.

Comment

There is a sign on 36 between Rosenberg and Needville...I have seen it but thats all I know

Comment

olde English bulldogge is the way to go.

Olde English Bulldogge vs English Bulldog. Comparison between Olde English Bulldogge Dog and English Bulldog Dog. compare height, weight, life span, litter si..

We have one and she's the best ever, way healthier than your average english bulldog.
                  Last edited by rferg84; 12-04-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Get a rescue - lots available that are younger than a year old. Even with a reputable breeder they can come with serious health problems. Even relatively healthy ones will get infections - I’ve got two, one is pretty healthy and the other has problems. When they get an infection it’s usually more than one - skin, urinary, ear, yeast, etc. I’ve had many, many vet visits that were 2 or 3 times my mortgage. If you can’t deal with that I’d suggest a frenchy.

The three most important things are 1. Find a vet that really knows bulldogs. They require unique care most vets don’t have the needed experience. 2. Get the vet to specify special food. My vet regularly consults with Royal Canine about our dogs food. 3. The first inkling of sickness or infection get them to the vet. Letting something go an extra 48 hours with my dogs will double my bill and double their healing time.

My sickly one is the smartest family dog I’ve ever been around - yeah, I know someone will bring up other breeds that are “smarter” but bulldogs are stubborn and lazy. They take more work because they don’t care about pleasing their master like a lab. However, they do want to lean up against you or get petted 23.5 hours a day.

Great animals and every bulldog is different but seriously do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      No offense, but I am no fan of Bulldogs.

I was hoping Bevo would stomp one last year.

I hope a Tiger gets him Saturday.

Athens is ate up with those things.
                      How’d that work out with that yellow jacket last weekend?

Comment

I’ve always thought they were cool looking but I’ve always heard they have problems.

Comment

Bullydog, real name’s Chris. Theyre in Tom Bean.

Comment

Worst dogs on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              Worst dogs on the planet
                              Makes me very happy that you don’t own one.

Comment

Working...
                              X