Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Elk Outfitters - Gigla

Anyone have any recommendations?

I have decided to bite the bullet and get in the guided pull drawing to help increase my odds. I don't want to spend the money on a Land Owner tag, but I don't mind the guide fee I suppose. I really want to hunt the Gigla, but not married to it. I would also prefer to do a back country style hunt and not return to a lodge every night.

I’ve had H&A Outfitters put me in for the Gila draw the past two years. I’ve never hunted with them but they seem like a reputable outfitter. Look them up on Facebook if you have one. I know at least one other TBH member has put in with them before. Maybe he will see this and chime in.

Comment

In for info

Comment

I've hunted and been putting in with Dan at Big Horn Outfitters. Great group! Hunted in Unit 15 with them a couple of years ago and havent been lucky enough to draw since.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
          I've hunted and been putting in with Dan at Big Horn Outfitters. Great group! Hunted in Unit 15 with them a couple of years ago and havent been lucky enough to draw since.
          Did you bring anything home? See anything? Shot opportunities?

Comment

Gila

Comment

Gila is hard to back country because water is to scarce.. and honestly there isn't much roadless areas, but even in the areas there are it's haarrrd to find reliable water in that unit!

Comment

H&A outfitters is awesome to hunt with and are 100%
                I have hunted with them and they can put you on the bulls. If you need contact info for Andy let me know. I still talk to them regularly and go help out during the first and second archery season.

Comment

Gila is BLM. People run cattle on it so there are tanks here and there. You cannot have wheels off the road there so it is a stretch to get back deep but 90%+ of the hunters are within a mile of parking. be ready to hike and have fun.

Comment

Second archery we had 6 bulls wounded on bad shot placement and 2 killed. One was a 380” and the other was in the 330” range. All shots under 40 yards and the majority around 20. Others had opportunities but turned them down and some just flat out missed.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM Replied

H&A outfitters 505-474-6959

Great guides and people. Good luck to yall in the draw. I know he has landowner tags also. If you are lucky enough to draw for the second archery.... well guess I will see ya there.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                          X