Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a Big cat!!

Comment

Anyone know where to see the video? We are not far from there, and I've seen lion tracks twice where we are in 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        It was 140-150lbs. There is a video the hunter took of it walking in to the feed pen and a deer running off haha pretty cool
        I saw where he weighed 143lbs. He sure the heck looks heavier than that..
        I've mounted a couple in the 180lb range and to me he looks at least that big..
        Monster cat for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Guess it doesn't really matter which deep south tx county it comes from at this point...we have had dogs on them in Starr but lost over the fence. I know a land owner in Hidalgo who has them on a no hit list & doesn't care how many whitetail they eat on his sizable spread. Had a farmer bud lose a new born / high dollar colt right on the river around the hidalgo/starr border a few years ago. The mother was leaking pretty good from the fight too.

Amazing critters & suspect we have more than we know down here imo. It's a testament to their stealth & just glad to have a couple of actual sightings since I can remember hunting s tx the past 5 decades. Really surprised more don't show up on cams & we had several cams in the area before the said dog track in starr. The shot (missed) was taken about 250yds from a feeder with a cam & maybe 500 yes where I caught a glimpse of him/her maybe a month before?? Other sighting was exactly the same maybe 25yrs ago in La Salle / encinal & caught it in the sendero strolling across & didn't catch glimpse until it's head just hit the brush. Both were at 200-250yds / large adults & man does that tail look fat & long. Almost longer than the body since it's the last thing I saw.

Folks share stories of sightings, pics of kitty prints & corner / h-posts being all clawed up at the top of the hf being used as a scratch post, but hardly any game cams pic them up on a regular or folks don't want to share??

I personally saw a giant male cat 24 years ago in Kinney county south of Bracketville. We hunted off of HWY 277 a few miles from the river.. I was bowhunting and thought for a minute I was going to kill him with my bow. Didn't happen. He was seen again, and shot at with a rifle, a few weeks later by another hunter. No hit.. He was gone after that..

Comment

Tracks found on many ranches. I have no clue why someone could doubt the possibility of shooting one! It does look a little too big but it obviously was eating well on Thanksgiving

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Monster cat for sure..
                My son shot one last year that weighed at the taxidermist 146#, this cat looks bigger.
                Last edited by Txprowler; 12-02-2019, 09:22 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Just saw the video, he acted like he owned the place.
                  Last edited by Txprowler; 12-02-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

That’s huge. I saw one when I was 15 just north of Freer. It was night and I thought it was a calf walking up the road until it turned to go into the brush. I’ve hunted this area my entire life and now have our ranch just north of there in LaSalle Co. would love to see one again!

Comment

I hunted a few miles east of Freer back in the early 70s and saw one cross the sendero about a hundred yards away. He didn't give me time for a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Monster cat for sure..
                        Agreed. That cat looks much larger than 143.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

dang lioness

Comment

cool cat

Comment

sweet

Comment

Where can I find the video that isn't a private FB group?

Comment

Working...
                                X