No announcement yet.

2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 25hp Merc on my GoDevil Surface Drive hull that is slick and it worked excellent. Slid a little more running WOT on corners, but not too bad.

Comment

Shells

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      Got a case of bismuth to try this year.

How do you like the dryloks??

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
        Who's Ready!

Teal season opens up in 2 weeks. This afternoon I switched the yaks from fishing to hunting mode and started gathering gear and getting stuff ready. I went scouting last weekend and saw a few teal but more local wood ducks and mallards than teal. North Texas is always spotty during tel season but we should still knock out a few birds.

I don't have any big trips planned this year, just going to stay flexible and local most likely. I would like to go hunt cranes at some point this season so gunna try to make that happen.

Who else is ready? Anyone have any fun trips planned this fall/winter?

What cover is that for your yak?

Comment

Originally posted by IAFFHunter18 View Post
          How do you like the dryloks??
          I like them alot, have shot them for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
            What cover is that for your yak?
            500d cordura with baseball batting cage netting sewn into the top to tie in the rafia grass. It works good and has held up really well.

All custum made and sewed by me.

Comment

I'm in no rush for Teal seaon. Dont care to fight the public and mosquitoes for hours. I'll shoot them come late November or after the split when I slow down on deer hunting. But the Teal are looking pretty heavy down here on the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                How does the slick hull work with a standard outboard?

I've got a new to me tin boat I may swap hulls on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                I have only been out 2 times in my new little rig and it works really really good, I am sure it has something to do with the Chine that is on this gator trax boat also but I can make a serious turn and it rolls on its side and doesnt blow out at all, seems to run really shallow also with the hunt deck on it holding the motor up pretty high and never really sinking down to much on take off. I am coming from multiple surface drive rigs back to a outboard this season, if I miss a surface drive that much then ill end up buying a used one next year and keep both motors. But Overall I really like the outboard paired with this boat so far.

Comment

I am fired up for this weekend. I prefer teal season over big duck season but then again big duck season was teal season 2.0 last year. Seemed like they never left.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                    I have only been out 2 times in my new little rig and it works really really good, I am sure it has something to do with the Chine that is on this gator trax boat also but I can make a serious turn and it rolls on its side and doesnt blow out at all, seems to run really shallow also with the hunt deck on it holding the motor up pretty high and never really sinking down to much on take off. I am coming from multiple surface drive rigs back to a outboard this season, if I miss a surface drive that much then ill end up buying a used one next year and keep both motors. But Overall I really like the outboard paired with this boat so far.
                    Awesome.

I picked up a 15' war eagle with a 25 2 stroke Yamaha a few weeks ago. I've had thoughts of selling boat and trailer and keeping motor. Something like a gator trax would be on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Awesome.

I picked up a 15' war eagle with a 25 2 stroke Yamaha a few weeks ago. I've had thoughts of selling boat and trailer and keeping motor. Something like a gator trax would be on the list

I cant tell you so far I really like that gator trax, for such a small boat its stable and built solid. I couldnt pass up the deal I got, I called gator trax owner and he said if its not stolen to buy the rig. 2013 model boat and trailer with 2015 merc on it for 4800 bucks. He says they sale that boat and trailer for close to 6k right now with no motor! Good luck this season. I hope to put some teal in it on sunday for the first time.

Comment

Good luck to everyone hunting this morning, I personally wont be g.j oing yuh untill Sunday morning. I'm getting to take my little nephew and pretty pumped about it. Post pictures of your hunts today, cant wait to show him. Be safe out there .

Comment

Good luck everyone. I’m stuck at work this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skeeters already flying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
                              Skeeters already flying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Thermacell is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                Thermacell is the way to go.

Had 4 of them going in the blind. But had to get to the blind first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X