Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    How so? Everyone on this forum is a friend of mine.
    Because they are a "seller" and a "buyer". I'm sure it's not gonna land anyone in the pokey for it. For me it's the right thing to do though.

Gary

Comment

it will cover you if anything happens during the shipment, 2-3 dollars isn't a big deal, ive done this plenty of times and had a bow show up to my house that the strings exploded during shipment so those extra fees protected me and the seller, its not a big deal my god lol

Comment

I agree. The buyer usually has a choice of how to pay. If they elect to use paypal, they should cover the fees.

Comment

When I sell one of my knives i give the buyer the option of Paypal "friends and family" or for them to cover the 3% fee...never had a problem and never had anyone gripe about it, but maybe i've just been lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by 67olds442 View Post
            venmo is free
            bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I pay the fees unless agreed upon differently.
              PayPal is a service. If you are using friends and family to make a purchase technically you're committing a fraud so I dont. As a business owner I wouldn't like being side stepped on my fees so I dont do it to them.

Gary
              I agree with you. It's the responsibility of the seller to stipulate the terms of the transaction up front. And that includes payment methods, shipping options, etc. If the seller fails to do that, they can't really blame the buyer for simply using PayPal in exactly the way the service is intended to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                I can't believe people still use Paypal....
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Agree. When the terms clearly say PayPal friends and family or buyer pays fees, that’s pretty clear. I had someone try to stiff me for the fee on a higher priced item, I refunded their money and told them if they’d still like the item to pay per the terms stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup....this^^^

Communication up front is key.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                    If your the seller and you agree to receive your payment by pay pal then it's on you. If the fee's is an issue then up your price. The buyer agrees to your price and then has to pay extra to pay the seller? It's my understanding the payee doesn't have the same protection if paying friends and family as if paying seller and buyer.
                    I agree with this 100%. If you think it's automatically on the buyer to cover the fees then I think you don't understand how these transactions work.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      I agree. Basically you are paying their insurance for them.
                      Anyone that insists on receiving money from a buyer for an item via F&F is being unfair to the buyer. The fee paid by the seller assures the buyer will either get the product or his money back.

If a buyer uses F&F and gets screwed by the seller, PayPal will not reimburse the buyer. They will if you send it normally with the seller paying the fees.

Best way is to set your price including the 3% fee - that way both parties are protected basically. I would never buy anything using F&F if I didn’t know the seller. That’s just stupid imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I pay the fees unless agreed upon differently.
                        PayPal is a service. If you are using friends and family to make a purchase technically you're committing a fraud so I dont. As a business owner I wouldn't like being side stepped on my fees so I dont do it to them.

Gary
                        No you're not, you're just turning down insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          No you're not, you're just turning down insurance.
                          yeah has nothing to do with fraud lol, its basically an insurance/liability deal

Comment

Sorry you are right and wrong Dale. PayPal is a service and the service is provided for a fee. The protection is a benefit of not skipping out paying for that service.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                              PayPal is a service that guarantees & facilitates the money transfer. It’s not free. Negotiate who pays it beforehand or get your buyer to snail-mail a check or money order....
                              This.
                              I don't particularly like Paypal (they take the buyer's side on just about any dispute), but they provide a useful service. Also, by trying to use Paypal and NOT paying them (i.e., 'friends and family'), you are more-or-less stealing from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                I can't believe people still use Paypal....

What’s the better option?

Comment

Working...
                                X