Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    I never send friends and family unless it’s someone I know. I will add the fees to make the price right though I just don’t trust people enough to send money blind with no recourse if they’re lying

This but I cover it, don't expect the seller to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Classifieds and Pay Pal Fees

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Yep....I got dinged a a $600 sell....kinda pizzed me off, but I just let it go. Now I make it clear.

I would have sent it back, that's BS. It's not the $18 it the principle of it!

Comment

I can't believe people still use Paypal....

Comment

I sold some ropes on Facebook a few days back and told the guy it was $11 for everything. He was so happy I was giving him a great deal, when I received $10.63 I wasn’t pleased. I practically gave away the ropes and was just trying to make a few bucks and clean up some space. I usually don’t say anything about the fees but it is annoying.

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I agree!

What do you agree with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Part of doing business. Price accordingly or don’t accept PayPal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike17L View Post
                  Part of doing business. Price accordingly or don’t accept PayPal.
                  But what about those lowballers?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    What do you agree with?

What they said!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      What they said!

I agree[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                        If you don’t tell theM friends and family or they need to add the fees, upfront..that’s on 100% on you.
                        Agree with this. I made that mistake once and didn't think aboot it, buyer paid normal PayPal and I received less than full obviously. Since I hadn't thought of it I just ate the fees. Now I specify up front to either use Friends & Family or add 3%.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          That's BS. But it's best to list it in your add. Price is PayPal F&F or add 3.5%. Buyer should pay the fee if he wants protection. If you are buying a gun PayPal isn't going to protect you anyhow.

^^This^^

This is SOP on most other forum classifieds these days. Although, 3% is what I use for non F&F transactions. It will more than cover the PayPal fees. Kinda surprised that this hasn’t gotten figured out on TBH. I don’t get on here much any more but I was kinda surprised to see this thread. Kinda like, ‘so 2015!’ Lol!

Comment

Agree. When the terms clearly say PayPal friends and family or buyer pays fees, that’s pretty clear. I had someone try to stiff me for the fee on a higher priced item, I refunded their money and told them if they’d still like the item to pay per the terms stated.

Comment

If your the seller and you agree to receive your payment by pay pal then it's on you. If the fee's is an issue then up your price. The buyer agrees to your price and then has to pay extra to pay the seller? It's my understanding the payee doesn't have the same protection if paying friends and family as if paying seller and buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                                I agree that the buyer should add to the price to send goods and services so he has some type of recourse. Never stick the seller with the fees.
                                So do you add 3-3.5% to all of your purchases made with a credit card?

CC companies charge a fee to the vendor for using their CC

If the seller does not address fees in the pricing then the seller is responsible.

If you have a PP account (only way I know of that you can take payment that way) you are fully aware of how PP works, or at least you should

Like I stated earlier, known sellers are one thing, unknown ones never get "friends and family" as you are out of luck if you get scammed as the buyer.

I have negotiated things that were listed "if you use PP, friends and family" to pay normal and add fees on my end too.

Comment

Working...
                                X