This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football Week 8

Halloween and a full moon? It's going to be another spooky weekend of college football.

I finally made a surge and worked within striking distance in Pick 'Em. The key is to start betting against TCU at a high confidence rate

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      I finally made a surge and worked within striking distance in Pick 'Em. The key is to start betting against TCU at a high confidence rate
      I did a little better too but went out on a limb picking against Auburn in a morning game. My go to game from now on is picking against the Frogs 🐸

Comment

Vegas knows that Texas plays to the competition level. I would assume it would be around a double digit spread, but Vegas has it at -3 to start. I would expect a lot of action on that -3 number to drive it up before game time.

Big swing week for Tom Herman.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Vegas knows that Texas plays to the competition level. I would assume it would be around a double digit spread, but Vegas has it at -3 to start. I would expect a lot of action on that -3 number to drive it up before game time.

Big swing week for Tom Herman.
          Since I had a different perspective being at the game in person. I say we are screwed. It looks like we run 4-5 different plays on O with a couple different looks, vanilla AF. On defense we are constantly out of position and when in position dont breakdown, so overrun the plays a lot and missed tackles. I hope I am wrong but I think OKie lite spanks us.

Comment

Pokes will pour it on and Sam will have to try to keep pace. Texas defense as always and regardless of who is coaching them on defense... plays too soft in coverage giving up everything underneath. They are also very lacking in the pressure department. The Pokes are 7-3 in the last 10 and had won 4 straight before getting edged 36-30 in Austin last Fall. While all of the games with Herman as the HC have been decided by less than 7, that just simply appears to be Herman's philosophy. lol

Gundy gets another W in Stillwater. Sam might not be gutless, but the team is.
            Last edited by Chad C; 10-26-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Mudhole cometh to the folks in icey whites....OSU makes them their *****....as does KSU, ISU and prob WVU

Last edited by Smart; 10-26-2020, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Go Horns

Comment

OkSt is overrated.

Comment

Vegas does not miss very often. Why do you think they have this game as a virtual pickem (given the 3 points for home field)?

I am not disagreeing with a single thing said. I expect the same, but the Vegas line is surprising. Typically Tom is at his best when his team is the underdog. The problem is, he shouldn't hardly be the underdog at Texas.

Comment

Did they beat Baylor?

I'm glad we have baseball Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Did they beat Baylor?

I'm glad we have baseball Saturday.
                        They had a few more points.

Comment

College Football Week 8

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
                          OkSt is overrated.

True, they’re not all that great.

Oklahoma State is No. 40 in total offense.

They are No. 73 in passing offense (203.8 ypg), and No. 19 in rushing offense (216.3 ypg).

But, they’ll look better than they are on Saturday.

And they’re good at something that’ll hurt Texas.

Oklahoma State is No. 3 nationally in 3rd down conversion defense. They are the only team that has played at least 4 games to hold opponents to an under 20 % success rate on 3rd down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Chad C; 10-26-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JVasquez View Post
                            OkSt is overrated.

Agreed. They haven’t played anyone yet. Their L’s are coming. Maybe on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

interesting stat from ESPN on Twitter

ESPN Stats & Info
                              @ESPNStatsInfo
                              · Oct 24
                              35 is the magic number for Sam Ehlinger.

In his career as a starter, Ehlinger is 18-0 when he attempts 35 or fewer passes... he is 5-15 when attempting 36 or more passes.

Ehlinger attempted 23 passes in Texas' win vs Baylor today

Comment

Working...
                              X