No announcement yet.

SHNF hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use to hunt it years ago Loved it then. Last year was first year back in SHNF. Had tons of good hunts didn’t get close enough to kill a big buck but saw several small ones and countless number of does. Did kill a few coyotes while deer hunting.

Hunted two of the spots off 2296 and 75. They were really good spots to hunt but they get lots of other hunters there as well and groups of hikers walking around during the middle of day. Have to hunt there early mornings only

Comment

Few weeks ago

I was out there a few weeks ago on the north east side and saw some promising signs plan on going out in a few days to place cams

Comment

2021 shnf

Hello fellow Big Sam hunters. I’m new to the forum, but I have been exploring and hunting the SHNF for a few years now. Pretty cool seeing a group of people sharing their experiences and helping each other out. I’ve been doing some recon and thought I would share some game cam pics, but apparently I can not do that until I have 5 posts on the forum. So far I’ve found a bunch of spikes and small bucks, a ton of doe, boat loads of pigs and a few shooter bucks. One spot in particular had a real trophy. I will post pics when I am allowed. Also who on here has satellite cams with lock boxes and python cable locks? I found one of your spots this afternoon and you should have a picture

Comment

I have a few cams in the forest with python cables.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a couple out last week but I’m not getting as many pics as you. Probably not my spot. Lol. I did struggle to find any acorns. Found a mature willow oak that had some but that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m new to SHNF and I was thinking about putting cams out have y’all ever experienced someone trying to steal your cam I’m trying to price what I should get if there’s a lot of theft out there

Comment

Originally posted by MattGrupa View Post
                I’m new to SHNF and I was thinking about putting cams out have y’all ever experienced someone trying to steal your cam I’m trying to price what I should get if there’s a lot of theft out there

Buy a camera you can put a cable lock around... I have never had one stolen but people have removed them and stolen sd cards out of them

Comment

Originally posted by jnewberry18 View Post
                  Buy a camera you can put a cable lock around... I have never had one stolen but people have removed them and stolen sd cards out of them

Ok cool I thought about the cables

Comment

Originally posted by MattGrupa View Post
                    Ok cool I thought about the cables

I just run the $30 tasco and Muddy cameras and cheap cards. We ran about 30 last year and 20 this year and have only had one come up missing. I do like the lock box and cable if I had nicer cameras I would go that route. When I saw the other camera I got out of the area and did not put any of mine close to it. I try to be respectful and hope others would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXHUNTER View Post
                      I just run the $30 tasco and Muddy cameras and cheap cards. We ran about 30 last year and 20 this year and have only had one come up missing. I do like the lock box and cable if I had nicer cameras I would go that route. When I saw the other camera I got out of the area and did not put any of mine close to it. I try to be respectful and hope others would do the same.

I thought about the muddy cell cam out there

Comment

Use a climber to set some cameras. Not 100 percent but makes em work harder.

Comment

That’s my next purchase before going back out is a tree climber

Comment

Check your emails, slick head tags are out. Got mine, now I just need to find some.

Comment

I don't think they like me having doe tags any more. Been drawn once in the last 10 or so years it seams. Only saw 1 doe last year and I had a permit but she was just a baby. Could have been a nubbin buck too. I was covered up with young bucks but nothing I would shoot. Going to have to have horns on it this year now.

Comment

My son got draw for the second year in a row on the slick head hunt. But I can’t get one lol just how it works out.

Comment

Working...
                                X