Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chair for ground hunting (portable + all day sits)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think you stick them in the ground and put some brush in them

Comment

Chair for ground hunting (portable + all day sits)

Originally posted by Buddylee View Post
      What is he using those PCV pipe stakes for?

Bring a machete (or big knife) cut brush and bungee it to the pvc. It gives you just enough cover to breakup your outline to draw.

When I first started hunting public land I forgot my pull up rope for my bow, so I just covered my climber with leaves and sat on the ground on my butt.

I was wearing a full leafy Asat suit but I had a group of 5 does come within about 10 yards. It was pretty eye opening. Of course, they spooked when I drew, and then I misjudged the yardage when they circled back around and shot right over her back.

The trick I’ve seen is making sure your outline is broke up, and being able to draw, which the pvc helps with.

My biggest issues are weight, comfort and seat height. Since I’m hunting with trad gear it makes things harder. But I also know if I’m not comfortable, I tend to move a lot. Ive killed deer out of ground blinds on public but it required either the perfect setup or leaving the blind out longer than I wanted to (within legal areas) or without someone stealing it. Deer seem to take a while to get used to them. I tried a ghost blind too but if the wind moved it, deer went nuts.

I have a 3 legged alps swivel chair I may try after all, but I know after a while it starts to kill my legs. I may try one of the backpacking chairs I’ve seen, but the issue with them seems to be if you have uneven ground, you’re in trouble. The 3 legged seat with a back makes the most sense, but after about 4-5 hours my legs kill me.

Portability is a big issue for me, and the big reason for this post. I got drawn for Mcalester, and in the event that I don’t find a suitable tree for the sign I find, I’m hoping I can just stash the chair and those pvc poles alongside my saddle platform in my pack without much of a weight penalty to give me the most mobile option.

Comment

Sit all day on a tripod seat might make you sterile

Comment

This. Only weighs a couple pounds, light enough to strap to a backpack or carry over your shoulder. Allows you to ground hunt while minimizing your profile and it’s incredibly easy to build a brush blind big enough to conceal you.

My go to for turkey hunting.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
            This. Only weighs a couple pounds, light enough to strap to a backpack or carry over your shoulder. Allows you to ground hunt while minimizing your profile and it’s incredibly easy to build a brush blind big enough to conceal you.

My go to for turkey hunting.

I’d have to shoot that recurve gangsta style [emoji28]

Comment

I bought a couple of these and we used the heck out of them last year!

With adjustable tripod legs, folding design and full-back ComfortMAX seat, the G100 chair is perfect for ground blind applications in any season.

Comment

The Waldrop seat is the best I’ve ever used. Very comfortable, and light weight. It’s also really handy to be able to lean it against a tree without using the back legs. You won’t be disappointed with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  I bought a couple of these and we used the heck out of them last year!

https://millennium-outdoors.com/prod...oting-chair-2/

Yep, same one Shane and I use.

Kirby, I gotta pocket knife and can shorten that bow for ya.

Comment

I have two that are like the redneck blind chair but they are made of aircraft aluminum. Unfortunately that co sold to redneck and no longer makes the aluminum version.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Yep, same one Shane and I use.

Kirby, I gotta pocket knife and can shorten that bow for ya.

If you could shorten my DL while you’re at it that might help too.

When I worked at the bow shop one of the other techs found some sort of calculator called “ape factor”. I’m 6ft tall. Well… my wingspan is 77 1/2. So my wingspan is 5 1/2 inches longer than I am tall. I can scratch my knee without bending over [emoji23]. On a compound I shoot a 31.5 inch DL. Anything less than 62 inch recurve stacks like crazy!

Anyhow, anyone have any experience with Tidewe? I’ve seen Dan Infalt with some of their stuff so I wasn’t sure. They have this chair apparently.

Comment

I just use a Walmart dove hunting chair. Strap it to my backpack and roll on

Comment

Working...
                        X