No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I'm getting a "N/A" and "-NR-" from the ACE website on all the projects. But I do remember that the W lake was approaching 4 foot above normal last night. And the release was just a tad over 11,500 cfs. Grandbury and PK both had cut back their release. And it was looking promising. But I expect that to change today, along with the rest of the week. Looks like a possibility of rain every day for the next 10 days. I'll post some data back up when the website gets going again.

A lake was up also. Well above 3 foot over normal, is what I remember.

Edit: just got a little bit of data from the refresh rate. W lake is releasing 11,364 cfs. A lake is releasing 480 cfs. PK is releasing 2,841 cfs. And Grandbury is releasing 5,295 cfs. That's all the data I'm seeing on those lakes. There is more info on the lower Brazos. But not in the mid and upper. Trinity must be doing good cause lots of water being released on many of it's projects too.

Comment

PK is releasing 8,898 cfs.

And Grandbury is release........23,480 cfs!

W lake is 4.93 feet above normal. And is releasing 4,507 cfs. I think it's about to rise a bit. That's even if they open another gate or two.

Coincidently, A lake is at 4.93 feet above normal as well. And releasing 3 cfs. Yes, that's not a typo.

Comment

3? That's not even a trickle. That's dam seepage cause you can't get the gates to close tight enough. Guess they don't want to load up the Brazos from both.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          3? That's not even a trickle. That's dam seepage cause you can't get the gates to close tight enough. Guess they don't want to load up the Brazos from both.

Youir exactly right JD. ACE mission statement is about flood control.

Comment

PK is releasing 8,592 cfs. And grandbury is releasing 23,889 cfs.

Whitney sits at 6.71 feet above normal. And climbing. It's release has been cut back to 227 cfs. I'm afraid it's gonna see a lot higher water by Saturday.

A lake is 6.22 feet above normal. This is exceptionally high for the A lake. Anything over 5 foot is flooding pretty much every thing in the lower spots on this lake. If you've seen it at 5 foot high, you'd know what I'm talking about.
            It continues to release at 3 cfs.

Comment

Hold on to your britches folks! PK is releasing 16,664 cfs.
              Granedbury is releasing 15,939 cfs at the moment. I expect that to increase to accommodate what PK is currently releasing.

W lake is 8.6 feet above normal. With the above releases, and the possibility of more rain soon, the W lake could hit 20 feet above normal pending how much they release before they really open the gates. The W lake is currently releasing 506 cfs.

Waco is holding water back as well as many of the lower Brazos projects. Many are above normal. And many are much smaller lakes sized like the A lake.

A lake is 6.27 feet above normal. And releasing 990 cfs, into the Brazos as well.

Comment

W is almost 10 feet high now. Looks like everything will be shut down until sometime in July.

Comment

PK is currently releasing 15,725 cfs. Grandbury is currently releasing 17,780 cfs.

W lake is 10.17 feet above normal. And releasing 13,558 cfs.

A lake is 5.01 feet above normal. And releasing 974 cfs.

Many of the smaller impoundments in the middle and lower Brazos valley are releasing some water. ACE has been doing a great job trying to keep folks down stream from flooding. Hats off for ACE!

Comment

Mike, I heard on the mighty BAP yesterday, they issued a local disaster emergency for Hood county.... said PK was opening a 3rd flood gate, and to expect flooding for Granbury area.

That doesn’t sound good for the Brazos valley.

Comment

PK is releasing 28,360 cfs at the moment. Granbury is releasing 27,336 cfs. Granbury will have to open more gates to accommodate the inflow. PK is barely below normal of .07 feet. With today's storms in that area, I'd expect PK to open a bit more.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

PK has dropped it's release back from this morning to 17,767 cfs. Grandbury has increased it's release to 31,619 cfs.

The W lake is rising. And currently sits at 11.86 feet above normal. It is releasing 21,396 cfs.

A lake sits at 4.93 feet above normal. And releasing 973 cfs.

How high to you think the W lake will go? I think they will try to hold the release rate back as much as possible to keep from flooding down stream. There is over 30K cfs being released into the river system at the present (not counting Grandbury or PK), with other projects combined with the W lake's release. That's quite a bit when you get down by Rosharon, Texas. But that poor little town has seen 54 feet above normal too. And it's pretty flat down there. Lots of room for the water to spread out before it hits the delta.
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-08-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

PK is releasing 17,636 cfs. Grandbury is releasing 31,570 cfs.

W lake is 12.76 feet above normal. And is releasing 25,352 cfs.

A lake has dropped a little to 4.53 feet above normal. And is releasing 968 cfs.

Comment

PK is releasing 17,636 cfs still. Good news is it hasn't had any inflow. And is slightly below normal. This should mean it should shut the gates down soon. Grandbury is releasing 19,856 cfs. Down from my past posting. It will have to continue releasing after PK shuts down for a few days. Then it will shut down too. This is providing there is no more rain in the area.

W lake is 13.21 feet above normal. It is releasing 25,006 cfs.

A lake is down to 3.53 feet above normal. It is releasing 955 cfs.

Everybody, have a safe and wonderful weekend! And don't forget to drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids with the heat that's out!

Comment

Well I hope it shuts down soon. Granbury is log central right now.

Comment

Coworker who lives on the Grandbury lake said it was really flowing. Channel markers were turned sideways with the current. Logs coming in as fast as they go out from one end to the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X