No announcement yet.

Attracting axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis love cottonseed. I know a ranch that has them regularly come into the cottonseed feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by ACbob View Post
      Sweet feed. Seems like they can smell it from a good ways off.
      This is what we use.

Comment

+1 on the alfalfa and cottonseed

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
          has anyone tried these? I just ordered one to try it out, I had been thinking about it and this thread reminded me

http://www.axisdeercaller.com/
          Yes, blow that thing and it will ruin a white-tail hunt. I have gotten the thing to sound like the videos but have never had an Axis come into the call. All that is left is to use it while Axis are around and see how they respond.

Comment

bamboo

Comment

Sweet Feed!

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                bamboo
                Never heard that one before! I have access to plenty of bamboo. Please tell more!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                  Have they migrated to the Brownwood area yet?
                  Not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman1971 View Post
                    sweet feed!
                    x100.

Comment

Hoochie mama elk call works great

Comment

I put out alfalfa in a covered trough with sweet feed and corn. in the same pen I have cotton seed a timed corn feeder and a 700 gallon water tank.

Comment

alfalfa & Chaffhaye

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Hoochie mama elk call works great
                            I have heard this as well. I will give it a shot during the next work weekend. I will also re-try the ez axis caller during the summer months. To add to my earlier post, for some reason the easy axis caller scares the deer real bad (It may also scare your hunting buddies if you blow it after dark). I typically have 10-40 deer out during a sit in Junction. I have shot a deer before and only a few scattered. I blew that dang call and they all hauled butt, thinking Bigfoot was coming in for lunch, and I did not see anything the rest of the sit.

The little beeper did not have the same impact on deer, but I did not see any Axis come in either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bheimann92 View Post
                              I’ve got bales of alfalfa out and they seem to like that
                              Yeah they really like alfalfa even when there is corn out.

Comment

I have a friend with a small plot (20 acres) bordering a large ranch in Real county. He dumps 50-100 lbs corn and busts open a bale of alfalfa. He gets 30+ axis about 100 yards from the house every morning and evening around
                                October and they move off after green up in the spring to eat native browse

Comment

Working...
                                X