The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBT View Post
    Does anyone know where to find the secondary market value of bourbon? I'm curious what some of the more difficult to find varieties are going for.
    Several Bourbon Secondary Market or BSM pages on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
      Does anyone know where to find the secondary market value of bourbon? I'm curious what some of the more difficult to find varieties are going for.
      Just ask here.

Comment

Elijah Craig
        Rebecca Creek

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

Yes please

Comment

Look for that to be like CYPB where your odds are next to impossible at retail but will be $400+ secondary

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Look for that to be like CYPB where your odds are next to impossible at retail but will be $400+ secondary
                Yeah, I won’t be holding my breath for a bottle.

Comment

Correct.

Comment

I bought a bottle Elijah Craig small batch this weekend. It was a store pick... but I would put it toe to toe with blantons and Weller 12.

Comment

Part of me says, “I really want this.”

The other part of me says, “do we really need another Weller product depleting stock when it is already hard to find Weller Antique, Weller 12, Weller CYPB, and WLW?”

I imagine this will be higher proof Weller Special Reserve, which doesn’t have the age the others do and this new Full Proof is only 7 proof higher than Weller Antique.

Comment

Nice

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                        I bought a bottle Elijah Craig small batch this weekend. It was a store pick... but I would put it toe to toe with blantons and Weller 12.
                        I like it when that happens.:-) Well done. I picked up a couple of bottles of a Rouse's store pick of the same, just tasted perfect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                          Part of me says, “I really want this.”

The other part of me says, “do we really need another Weller product depleting stock when it is already hard to find Weller Antique, Weller 12, Weller CYPB, and WLW?”

I imagine this will be higher proof Weller Special Reserve, which doesn’t have the age the others do and this new Full Proof is only 7 proof higher than Weller Antique.

I hope so then I won't care about finding it haha. Kinda like CYPB after seeing reviews I laugh when people pay secondary

Comment

I hope so then I won't care about finding it haha. Kinda like CYPB after seeing reviews I laugh when people pay secondary

Exactly. I shake my head every time I see somebody post one on secondary. I tried it at a bar and thought that it was good, but not outstanding and certainly not worth what it goes for on secondary.

Comment

Thoughts on this one?

Last edited by MetalMan2004; 03-12-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                                Thoughts on this one?

I bet it’s tasty. I passed when I saw it but regretted it later

Comment

Working...
                                X