Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw over a dozen bucks yesterday outside of Sterling City and all but one dink had both sides still holding on.

If anyone has any openings in the area please let me know, I’m in th market for a trophy lease.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
      Saw over a dozen bucks yesterday outside of Sterling City and all but one dink had both sides still holding on.

If anyone has any openings in the area please let me know, I’m in th market for a trophy lease.
      There’s 2 leases posted on TBH in the area. One near sterling city and one in Crocket county. Jzoch posted the one in sterling. The crocket county lease is posted in the “Available leases” thread here on TBH.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let it rain!!! Keep the hail and tornaders with y’all rich folks![emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Waiting on some more rain on fire patrol.

Comment

Back on the plant topic...

This is a great book for the west central hunters to ID plants and their value for wildlife and grazing.

Comment

Did a little Heli hunt on our place out side of Water valley Saturday! Good times! Seen tons of bucks with half rack. So it’s about that time. Ended up hammering out 46 pigs and a couple yotes in a 4 hour span!

Comment

Saw 4 huge bucks that still had antlers last week on a lease just west of Mertzon. I wanted to look for sheds today at our place in NE Tom green co but after 4 hours of mowing called it good..pray for rain!

Comment

Better have your blinds tied down.

Gonna blow up your skirt Smart!

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Better have your blinds tied down.

Gonna blow up your skirt Smart!

Yikes. Glad all my blinds are on the ground and under big trees... Hail will probably kill all the turkeys.

Comment

Plant of the day is bladderpod. Stuff has popped up all over. Easily recognized by the clusters of yellow flowers. Plant is around 10% protein and readily eaten by deer, quail, and turkey. Fruits can be upwards of 17% protein.

Comment

Plant of the day is bladderpod. Stuff has popped up all over. Easily recognized by the clusters of yellow flowers. Plant is around 10% protein and readily eaten by deer, quail, and turkey. Fruits can be upwards of 17% protein.

Did the weather get bad?

Never mind, just saw where it’s coming in tonight. I was thinking the bad stuff was coming in on Monday.
                          Last edited by TheHammer; 03-12-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Pretty windy right now.

Comment

Look at you Mr. Green Jeans!

Seriously though keep them coming. I am learning with every post!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                                Did the weather get bad?

Never mind, just saw where it’s coming in tonight. I was thinking the bad stuff was coming in on Monday.
                                Sterling/Irion County supposed to be hit around midnight- 1am. 60-80mph wind gust and silver dollar hail they are saying. Hope not. Outside chances of tornados. I think the best chance for those is west of Midland. We need the rain but not all the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X