Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever found anything hidden in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a weed plot one time, on top of a little knoll in some river bottoms. We backed out of there real easy like, was a time where booby-traps were not uncommon around people's 'gardens'.

Comment

My buddies family owned a ranch in Lampasas. They found big concrete X shapes there. He told me they discovered they were WWII aerial practice bombing targets. I think he said they dropped big sacks of flour to practice their aim.

Comment

I found a half buried car in the woods on a lease in San Saba. Looked like it was from the 30s or 40s and it had been there a long time.

And I'm sure this is pretty common but we found things left behind by illegals such as makeshift backpacks, food wrappers etc in my old Val Verde lease.

I also found a glass weed pipe sitting in the ashes of our fire pit one trip. None of our hunters came to the lease since I was there last and it wasn't mine so someone came into our camp and got high around our fire and dropped it in the fire pit I guess. Never figured it out. Maybe illegals

Comment

A phone booth in the middle of the Lampasas river. The phone inside it had been busted open.

Comment

me and TxAg found an old well. We shined a light down to the bottom and about 25 feet down we saw a pig had fallen in there and there was a snake sitting on top of the pig. Craziest thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	well.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	24559583

Comment

Found a Browning Citori White Lightning 12 gauge in a trash can in the woods at a park in Brownwood. Was stolen from a truck break in at the Section Hand Steak House. Got a life long friend and free place to dove hunt from the owner for turning the gun in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                While scouting a property for trees to put a portable stand in I located a dipping trench or whatever that was used for dipping cattle. There were so many big trees and brush all grown up around it that it might not be visible in spring and summer. It was all very old concrete.
                We have one of those on our property. Grandfather used to call it a dipping vat

Comment

found a stolen four wheeler, later nabbed the felon who stole it when he came to get it.

Comment

Found two stills on our place once. Both had already been found by by the Sheriff. One had a couple of tables of Mason jars waiting to be filled.

Comment

Found a bunch of really cool homesteads over the years....and a Union civil war campsite

Found an operating meth lab and the tweakers arrived while I was there....... still laugh about them backing up in high speed and driving off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I found a 12 gauge shotgun barrel that marked a boundary of a property. It still stands today as a boundary marker. Also found a copper still of an old moonshine mill. I'm thinking of going back and taking the mill.

Comment

While duck hunting in Port Mansfield along the mangroves, I found about 20 decoys hidden .
                          Even though I could have called finders keepers, I left them hidden for their owner.

Comment

Stolen F350 and a few weed plots. Small ones.

A couple of Richard Heads poaching. They found jail.

Comment

Found an old cemetery on lease we had out towards Leona. My dad and I were doing some scouting, walking through a thick section of trees and brush and found ourselves standing amongst about 20 headstones that dates back to the Late 1800’s and early 1900’s. Quite a few were children that were only 3-5 years old judging by the dates.

Comment

I have found graves all over Mills county as a kid, but no longer allowed on those places.

Comment

Working...
                                X