Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
    The man asked a question.... What's y'all answer...[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848].... [emoji884]

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for noticing. Actually asked that question 2 times on this form, was about to ask a 3rd time.

2 people replied after my second time questioning.

Guess it’s not important as fishing at the moment. 🤷🏻*♂️

Comment

I think the turkey hunters are tight beaked.....[emoji848][emoji1787]

Comment

My experience with Turkey on Whitney is that they have disappeared from a lot of areas. Was having this conversation with some lifetime residents over beers a couple nights ago. Their opinion is the hogs are eating the eggs or destroying the nests. I’ve hunted 80% of the units out here and have only seen/heard them in a few small areas over the last few years. I see them pretty often on some local ranches, but those are a few miles from the public hunting land. I’ve yet to visit A lake so I can’t add anything there.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
          I think the turkey hunters are tight beaked.....[emoji848][emoji1787]

Maybe because there's not that many dedicated turkey hunters on this thread ? Like I said before, you'll see most of them out there on opening weekend. Not everybody out there post on this thread. Or is a member here. But a lot of them do read this thread. And I've met people out there who knew who I was. But I had never met them in my life before. So, just goes to show...

And I did answer. I'm guessing you just didn't notice. And what about your self? Haven't you started a few threads on this topic? (Aquilla comes to mind.) And haven't you even made some post on some other threads on public turkeys? It would almost lead one to believe, you are a turkey hunter too.

Comment

Do turkey vultures count? I see a lot of those around.

I haven't hunted it enough for turkeys to make a suggestion. I didn't see any toms the times I have been out.

Comment

Looks like there will be no significant water releases from Grandbury this weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                Maybe because there's not that many dedicated turkey hunters on this thread ? Like I said before, you'll see most of them out there on opening weekend. Not everybody out there post on this thread. Or is a member here. But a lot of them do read this thread. And I've met people out there who knew who I was. But I had never met them in my life before. So, just goes to show...

And I did answer. I'm guessing you just didn't notice. And what about your self? Haven't you started a few threads on this topic? (Aquilla comes to mind.) And haven't you even made some post on some other threads on public turkeys? It would almost lead one to believe, you are a turkey hunter too. [emoji14]
                Haven't been there in many years but after reading an article by TPWD that stated a banner year was coming, I thought I should investigate every area.....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Water temp was 60 when I got on it at noon today. And 65 when I got off this evening. Lots of dink fish. Of the keeper female crappie and sandies I caught have already spawned out. Caught most of the sandies on jigs. And most of the crappie on minners. But did catch a few crappie on jigs. Jig bite was tough for crappie. Used 2 doz minners on the crappie. They were hot on the medium-sized minners. They were even bite-n dead ones. But again, most of the crappie were dinks.

Comment

My dang job is ruining my crappie and turkey season. Sending me to Iowa for a month.

Comment

Doesn’t Iowa have a lot of public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure on the season or draws. Plus I will be working most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by BeansInChili View Post
                          Doesn’t Iowa have a lot of public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Some great hunting up there.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Not a lot of public land in Iowa. You can still get private access though. At least better than here.

Comment

Think I'm gonna drag the boat to the water in a bit. Nice be-n able to sleep in a bit, drink some coffee, and not have to fight the crowds at the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                Think I'm gonna drag the boat to the water in a bit. Nice be-n able to sleep in a bit, drink some coffee, and not have to fight the crowds at the ramp.
                                Any luckTG ?

Comment

Working...
                                X