Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robie View Post
    Area 419 Hellfire vs Blended and timed Gill brakes.

Robert - Is there are 419 much more efficient? Is the portability of the are 419 the main advantage?
    The 419 is the most effective at recoil reduction. It also is the easiest to deal with when it comes to cleaning your rifle. It is easy to remove and replace.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
      Went with the mesquite/prickley pear colored camo scheme but more of an ambush type. I saw one in ghe shop and really like it and told them to match it.
      Standard bdl bottom metal
      I think that one you posted above has some gray in it. Just to be clear, this is the one we used the mesquite/pear colors on.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        I think that one you posted above has some gray in it. Just to be clear, this is the one we used the mesquite/pear colors on.
        Sorry, yes Robert you are right. The one i posted i saw in the shop. The green looks to be the same shade. I emailed the pic i posted and want mine to match that. Sorry for the confusion. I liked the grayish color mixed in better than the light tan.

Comment

I can't wait for builds pictures to start. Life and other priorities got in the way before the order thread popped up for me. One day...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
            All the cool kids are doing it.
            Any chance at all of seeing what this color combination will look like?

Comment

2019 APR Tier 1 build

300 RUM (I will be shooting heavy bullets, both handloads and factory ammo)

26” barrel

twist rate – 1-9

Area 419 Hellfire brake

stock color – carbon desert night

Cerakote color for action body and CF barrel tips – graphite black

Y'all feel free to tell me what I am missing before I pull the trigger... Lord knows I have debated with myself enough on this deal!

Comment

What tripod and ball head do you guys use for your arca rail?

Comment

Originally posted by IbexRanch View Post
                  What tripod and ball head do you guys use for your arca rail?

I'm running a Fiesol with an RRS leveling head. There are lighter options out there for sure, but I really like the stability of this set up.

Comment

One more day. Are you going to give us the stats again on this one?
                    I'm betting 6.5 PRC takes the title this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottFW View Post
                      One more day. Are you going to give us the stats again on this one?
                      I'm betting 6.5 PRC takes the title this time.
                      I'll do a list of the top 5 cartridges and their percentage of the totals.

Side note - I'm working on some "BIG" stuff right now that might make next year's special very interesting. I said next year's will be a heavy build

Comment

The 419 is the most effective at recoil reduction. It also is the easiest to deal with when it comes to cleaning your rifle. It is easy to remove and replace.
                        Robert, what about the gill blended? What are its attributes/benefits/negatives vs. the Hellfire?

Thanks

Comment

BIG and HEAVY sounds right for the 300 PRC I predict will be the "in" round next year. I'm hoping it sticks because I want one!!

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                            BIG and HEAVY sounds right for the 300 PRC I predict will be the "in" round next year. I'm hoping it sticks because I want one!!
                            PRC won't be big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by wilydawg View Post
                              Robert, what about the gill blended? What are its attributes/benefits/negatives vs. the Hellfire?

Thanks
                              The opposite of this:

"The 419 is the most effective at recoil reduction. It also is the easiest to deal with when it comes to cleaning your rifle. It is easy to remove and replace."

Comment

PRC won't be big enough.
                                Does is start with 338 and end with Lapua?

Comment

Working...
                                X