Anyone buy shed antlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
    That sure looks like you were offering to sell some.
    I was showing off a small part of the collection that I have over the last few years. I get what I posted was confusing and apologize. I have no reason to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      I was showing off a small part of the collection that I have over the last few years. I get what I posted was confusing and apologize. I have no reason to sell.
      Good just saved me some Academy funds!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Good just saved me some Academy funds!
        I'll contact you one day if I decide to sell. I am not sure why I can't let them go. It really is hoarderish of me. I get mad at my wife when she wants to give a few small old deer away. It was a bunch of effort and many miles to get them all. I like she's hunting more than deer hunting...can't believe I just typed that.

Comment

I have a couple thousand if anyone is really interested. This is just one stack.
          Well, if you could part with an elk shed, I would like one.

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Back to the original thread those are some sweet sheds man. Oklahoma?

Comment

I'll contact you one day if I decide to sell. I am not sure why I can't let them go. It really is hoarderish of me. I get mad at my wife when she wants to give a few small old deer away. It was a bunch of effort and many miles to get them all. I like she's hunting more than deer hunting...can't believe I just typed that.
              I can't believe you typed that either. Hope your wife doesn't see it.

Comment

We have antler buyers come through town every spring to buy, they pay good money for green sheds, by the pound.

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                  Anyone buy shed antlers or nice sets?
                  If you are seriously looking to sell some, look on the internet.
                  There are a lot of buyers.

Comment

Very popular business out here. I sold a thousand dollars worth in Oct. My partner got rid of two loads in Sept. for $1000 and $2000. Getting about 14/pound right now for good browns.

Comment

Yep, unfortunately it leads some folks push the animals around on winter range to get them.
                      Think that price will go up as spring progresses Blank?

Comment

Doubt the price will go up, and may even drop some as more bone hits the market this Spring. I hate to see people out on the winter range, and support the closures. Even the photographers are crowding the animals anymore. This latest batch of storms and wet snow may turn into a killer, if the cold freezes the snow to a heavy crust.

The best prices have been for good craft grade brown deer antlers, followed by nice symetrical elk used for chandeliers. Wild West Designs here has even started making X-Mas trees out of them. $1000 per vertical foot. I looked at a 12 footer in the shop and was amazed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                          Very popular business out here. I sold a thousand dollars worth in Oct. My partner got rid of two loads in Sept. for $1000 and $2000. Getting about 14/pound right now for good browns.
                          Originally posted by Blank View Post
                          Doubt the price will go up, and may even drop some as more bone hits the market this Spring. I hate to see people out on the winter range, and support the closures. Even the photographers are crowding the animals anymore. This latest batch of storms and wet snow may turn into a killer, if the cold freezes the snow to a heavy crust.

The best prices have been for good craft grade brown deer antlers, followed by nice symetrical elk used for chandeliers. Wild West Designs here has even started making X-Mas trees out of them. $1000 per vertical foot. I looked at a 12 footer in the shop and was amazed!!!
                          $14/pound is good price! I've paid $12-$15 range on average and some $20+/pound on moose/fallow/elk. Normally buy 2-3 truck bed loads a year. I think I average $12k a year on antlers. Make a lot of chandeliers so it's good to have a stock to dig through.

I'm in the process of making an Antler Christmas tree for a member here. I've seen a 8' tree go for $19k in auction. Pretty amazing. The one I am building is a simple layout with no wiring involved. I do plan on building a 3 section tree that is fully wired one of these days.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Antlers86; 02-15-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            We have antler buyers come through town every spring to buy, they pay good money for green sheds, by the pound.
                            Every year I say I am going to make this trip. Lots of good bone in that auction by the pallets.

Comment

Working...
                            X