"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Yeah, hog tags are the joke that keeps on giving.

CoE says you don't have to wear orange there, TPWD says you do, so the smart thing to do is to wear it, if for no other reason than keeping an arrow out of your azz.
    Thanks, Saved me some embarrassment, I was gonna go to the rangers office to ask for some hog tags lol

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      Pigs sure do like overcasts, but do they at least come out right before dark in the more remote sections? I'm new to granger. I usually find pigs, I was all over them on my first trip to Somerville and I get em Good in the Sam Houston but spent the day at pecan grove and never caught a glimpse or heard any. I was hoping the other sections were better than pecan grove. From what I read I should check out sore finger. Thanx for the response!
      Lots of pressure from the rookie/newbs right now! My advice stay away from behind the dam, box 6 or box 7. And stay away from the river! These are all for rookies and get way 2 much boot traffic to see daytime pigs. I have honey holes but don't share them with many!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
        Lots of pressure from the rookie/newbs right now! My advice stay away from behind the dam, box 6 or box 7. And stay away from the river! These are all for rookies and get way 2 much boot traffic to see daytime pigs. I have honey holes but don't share them with many!
        I checked out sf yesterday and plan on getting back out soon. I don't think my map shows the boxes but I know where all the entrances/gates are. I'll let y'all know if I find them or get one, Thx for the response and the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by rat View Post
          you are the reason this keeps going...!
          lmao!

Comment

So the hogs at Granger still wear Nikes???

Comment

Just made my first hunt out at granger. I am wondering what tactics yall use. Do you spot and stalk the whole time or find a heavy trail and sit in place? I stumbled across a big group in 5' tall grass and about peed my pants they got so close, but couldn't pull off a shot. Just wondering which method you guys use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtn379 View Post
                Just made my first hunt out at granger. I am wondering what tactics yall use. Do you spot and stalk the whole time or find a heavy trail and sit in place? I stumbled across a big group in 5' tall grass and about peed my pants they got so close, but couldn't pull off a shot. Just wondering which method you guys use.

You found the piggies and answered your own question dawg!

Just gotta be quieter next time!!

Comment

Glassed a group bedded down in a real thick marshy area. Started the stalk at 1pm from about 200 yards out. Got to 25 yards and held up for 30 to 45 minutes until one stood up to adjust. Let her have it at about 3:30pm. Yes I'm in my boxers and socks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gscout01 View Post
                    Glassed a group bedded down in a real thick marshy area. Started the stalk at 1pm from about 200 yards out. Got to 25 yards and held up for 30 to 45 minutes until one stood up to adjust. Let her have it at about 3:30pm. Yes I'm in my boxers and socks!

Well done. That’s a good long stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jtn379 View Post

There is 10 years worth of discussion here in this thread (wow, has it been that long already?), with more than enough info to get anyone started out pretty good. I'd suggest wading through all the discussion and there is a ton of info that lays it all out for folks.

There is a lot of BS to sift through, but ton of good info in this thread.

Here's a freebie...anything that says hogs are in Sorefinger or Hog Tags are needed is BS.

Sending someone to Sorefinger for hogs is the equivalent of a snipe hunt. If you went, gratz, you're now initiated. No such thing as Hog Tags for Granger.

Comment

The sad part is... you are overdressed for GRXH bwahahaha

Congrats!

Comment

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

That’s awesome work gscout ..when I first saw the picture I was like is that son of a ***** in his underwear ha ha awesome pic..

and Endo I bet you are a blast at parties...

Last edited by Danimal14; 02-04-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                              The sad part is... you are overdressed for GRXH bwahahaha

Congrats!
                              [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                That’s awesome work gscout ..when I first saw the picture I was like is that son of a ***** in his underwear ha ha awesome pic..

and Endo I bet you are a blast at parties...

Ha, fair enough. Just trying to mix in some helpful advice.

You and I both know, that pretty much no newbies will see my post starting next season. They'll just post up asking where to hunt and how, ignoring all the years of stuff posted here that makes it easy-mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X