Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
    I limited out on Sunday in the Irwin Bridge area. Fished from 0730 to 1300. Parking lot was packed full at 0730 too! Went a few times before that and it was up or down...definitely not that good. May go tomorrow if it doesn't rain since I can't go this weekend.
    Thank you! Hopefully it won't rain too much, so I can try my luck next week.

Comment

Question about the blaze orange requirements...

From TPWD: "All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back."

Say it's after deer season (like it is now), but squirrel and rabbit season are going on. Does that mean you have to wear blaze orange if you're on a piece of public land that allows squirrel and rabbit hunting, even if you're not hunting? I'm probably reading into this too much, but you never know

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
        Question about the blaze orange requirements...

From TPWD: "All persons on public hunting lands (state, national forests, and grasslands) during daylight hours when hunting with firearms is permitted must wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headgear, and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back."

Say it's after deer season (like it is now), but squirrel and rabbit season are going on. Does that mean you have to wear blaze orange if you're on a piece of public land that allows squirrel and rabbit hunting, even if you're not hunting? I'm probably reading into this too much, but you never know
        Correct, if there is any firearm season open you must wear orange (if you are hunting).

Comment

I believe at this unit 711 there is a sign on the OSR box that says “at all times afield unless waterfowl” maybe someone has a pic of that sign they can post up.

Comment

Originally posted by treehound View Post
            I believe at this unit 711 there is a sign on the OSR box that says “at all times afield unless waterfowl” maybe someone has a pic of that sign they can post up.
            100% waterfowl only people who dint have to wear it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

"If you are hunting" vs. "at all times afield"

So... which one is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                "If you are hunting" vs. "at all times afield"

So... which one is correct?
                Well since duck season over anyone who steps foot on wma ya butt needs orange

Comment

JMKro - public areas sometimes have additional rules accompany the TPWD rules. For example in the Sam Houston National Forest, you only have to wear orange while hunting, so hikers would not be required to wear hunter orange even during the hunting season (which for hogs in most places means year round). At 711 they don’t approve of hiking on the PHL without orange.

Comment

JMKro - public areas sometimes have additional rules accompany the TPWD rules. For example in the Sam Houston National Forest, you only have to wear orange while hunting, so hikers would not be required to wear hunter orange even during the hunting season (which for hogs in most places means year round). At 711 they don’t approve of hiking on the PHL without orange.
                    Which I feel is ridiculous.....but theres no "hiking trails" there so I understand it but if you cant tell difference in a deer hog or whatnot from a human walking your the one who shouldnt be there lol

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                      Which I feel is ridiculous.....but theres no "hiking trails" there so I understand it but if you cant tell difference in a deer hog or whatnot from a human walking your the one who shouldnt be there lol
                      I've seen people who resemble hogs a lot, some even make same sounds

Comment

Good information. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Does anyone know if Newman's bottom is closed?

Comment

Any Hogs out there lately?

Comment

Hello

What's up guys. New to the area, I live in Giddings. Been bowhunting my whole life. Thought I would give Somervile a try next season. When do y'all start scouting?

Comment

Another question on the blaze orange thing...

Since the rules state

fails to visibly wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange material with orange headwear and at least 144 square inches appearing on both chest and back during daylight hours at times when hunting with firearms is permitted.
                                Wouldn't you be able to scrap the hunter orange from April 1 - May 31 since there are no firearm hunts during that time?

Comment

Working...
                                X