TPWD Drawn hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Drawn hunts

for those of yall that enter the drawings How many do you normally enter per year and how many of yall have been drawn/never been drawn. I am planning on entering several for the first time this year. Also when do they normally open to register for. I know nothing about them other than what little I have found online Thanks

Through TPWD they show the 19-20 season catalog will be posted this summer. I look forward to getting into this as well.

Comment

I put in for around 50 each year and get drawn for 1-3 hunts per year. In the last 5 years, I've been drawn for 8 hunts.

I double-checked, I've put in for 241 hunts in the past 5 years to get drawn the 8 times. That works out to getting drawn 1 time for every 30 hunts applied for.
      Last edited by Deerguy; 01-14-2019, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Don't do it

Comment

There are no deer on the draw hunts

Comment

Been putting in for them for 20 something years, been drawn around 8-9 times. Going on a javelina hunt next month on the Chap.

Comment

I have put in for several years. Never been drawn.

Comment

I put in for all the mule deer hunts, pronghorn, and some exotics. So not the best odds. I've only put in for two years. I drew for archery deer at Teniente LRGV last year but was unsuccessful. I did not put in for any of the LRGV hunts this year, but they have very good draw odds.

Comment

You will have better chances of getting drawn on the least popular WMA. Starting out you will have no preference points to up your odds. The odds of getting drawn will depend on how many permits the state issues vs number of hunters. Good luck.

Comment

Since the rules changed might as well enter in all of the ones youd be available to go on

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                      I put in for around 50 each year and get drawn for 1-3 hunts per year. In the last 5 years, I've been drawn for 8 hunts.

I double-checked, I've put in for 241 hunts in the past 5 years to get drawn the 8 times. That works out to getting drawn 1 time for every 30 hunts applied for.
                      Going back to the beginning, in 25 years I've applied for 384 hunts and have been drawn 16 times.

Comment

Don't listen to the crybabies, you can't win if you don't play!

I've been putting in for 3 years, have drawn at least one every time. I put in for 10-15 or so every year.

Worst case scenario you donate a little bit of cash to wildlife conservation if you don't win.

Comment

Put in for all mule deer and exotic hunts for myself and son for three years and haven’t been drawn.
                          I’ve got a friend that has put in for three years. Him, his wife, and 2 kids all have been drawn two years in a row. Him and one kid were drawn the first year.

Comment

I Put in for all the hunts I’d like to go on which is usually about 30 a year. I have never been drawn in 18 years...

There seems to be a pattern with the draws I have noticed. Getting the first draw is tough, but once you get that first draw, it seems like your chances of getting drawn again are higher no matter the preference points. I’m still optimistic I’ll get drawn one of these years, I don’t complain too much cause the draw hunts would just be a bonus hunt and at 3$ an entry I spend much less on apps here in Texas than I do other states.
                            Last edited by diamond10x; 01-14-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Put in for 4-5 each year, never drawn. Been putting in for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
                              X